Chapter Forty

Wednesday rolled around and I sat once more in my office staring at a news article, displaying me getting the docks contract and shaking hands with the managers of all of the dockyards in New York City, titled: Winters Group CEO Strikes Again With Dockyard Acquisition. The article explained that the city offered me the contract since I was a chief shareholder which on the surface would pass for accurate. The second document showed a multi front lawsuit for Morgan Pierce who once I got the dockyards I leaked all of his deeds to the public. Though as I hoped Lia found Brooklyn, and from that one interaction it had given me an opening to completely destroy the reputation of the Pierce brother. A new male senator had been accepted into the fray and I had a long running mutual relationship with the new one, which would work better for me going forward.

I also had to leave New York for a few days to buy into an airline since there was crossover landings for international trade and flights leaving The Greater Toronto Area. I had needed areas to take my products in and out of the country to allow for the foreign international trade. Though I mostly planned to allow for all things Winters Group to be scheduled so that I could have the industrial economic empire I was building to expand a lot faster then my competitors. I'd learned quickly that speed was the most efficient means of creating large scale industry around the world, to the point that I put myself and my company in a position that they couldn't be ignored by other nations when making deals. My maiden goal had been to create as much influence as I could which would allow me certain luxuries other places didn't have even if I was able to cover most of my dealings allowing the secretive nature of WGI to be built.

I was also devising a final stage in the plan that I had thought of in order to expose whoever it was that was trying to take away the power that my friends and I had cultivated over the past year. I knew who it was and I'd chosen to keep it secret giving them the chance to get bored with the idea, though anyone who thought they could get away with something, would.

Looking over the pattern of events I suspected that once the trial ended there would be a cool down period where the perpetrator would attempt to appear civil and play that their actions were based on something small when in reality I guessed that it came from an injustice that had been given to them when they were younger, which compared to the one they'd seemingly present was much more believable.

Too bad for them I was more then aware of their games, and I've been dealing with people like them longer then they had their career.

Closing the file I had on them I carried it back to the shelf before watching my door open and Kaylee walked in with a tablet which told me I'd been given a digital document that was likely coded so it was more important then the three hundred email I'd recieved in the last hour.

"This is the report on all of the Subgroups Mr. Winters," she says and I nod accepting the tablet and using the specialized USB to transfer the file to my laptop so that I could access it.

"What is it?" I ask and she looks down to the screen she held, "specifically what information?".

"Growth, in all aspects compared to costs to run the company. Well companies since there are multiple," she says and at that moment Olivia entered the room with the file I'd just given her to look over review and create an action plan for.

"Thank you, go for lunch you work almost all day," I say entering the files twelve digit and symbol code before I got it to move to the TV which came out of the wall and turned so I could review the information.

"Thank you," Kaylee says her heels clicking as she swiftly left my office leaving Olivia and I in the same room with one another, and the faint noise of blues music that I liked to listen to while working.

"So you have a plan for whatever it is that I know you're figuring out?" she asks and I nod.

"I'll tell you later tonight but I have to plan a flight to Vaughan Ontario, I'm buying an airport stake which will allow easier transport of all of what products WGI provides," I explain glancing up at her and she nodded before looking down at my desk where my organized files were, set between completed and needing to be dealt with.

"You're buying stake in all the airports in the GTA, don't lie you have a purchase agreement on your desk," Olivia says and I followed her gaze to my desk. 

"I do, and what I said isn't wrong, the more places there are that this company can use for its business interactions and ways of moving product the faster our company will grow. It's all speed based, trust me I don't want to fly all over the fucking world for the next twenty years, so I'm trying to work like I have a hundred hours a day instead of twenty-four," I say and she nods once more.

"I booked your plane by the way, Stephanie was informed five minutes ago," Olivia says taking what must be her favourite place since it was practically her default when leaning against my desk.

"Thank you, I appreciate it" I say standing and picking up my phone which buzzed with a notification alerting me that the plane had been made ready which was shocking though historically I could get to airports within fifteen minutes.

"Of course, also would you mind giving me your link code so that I can do your job while you're in Vaughan," she says and I nod before sending her the pathway that would have her computer and mine recieve a two way file.

"Thank you," she says and I smile at her before walking towards the door of my office with her behind me and out of the tall doors towards the elevators of the tower getting to them I stepped inside followed by Olivia who glanced to me as the doors closed.

"Bellissima, guess what?" I whisper since I stood directly behind her, and watched her shiver slightly.

"What?" she exhaled slightly breathlessly.

"You're the most beautiful woman that I have ever seen, and you will only be surpassed when you come back in the next life for me to love all over," I say wrapping her middle with my arms and at that moment she turned to me. Allowing myself just enough time to admire her I lean down and press my lips to hers before I step back as the elevator dinged letting the two of us out on the first floor.

"Have a safe flight, and text me when you land I don't want to worry about you," she says and I nod as I headed out to the awaiting car with Elijah standing beside the extended Maybach sedan.

Slipping into the back I nodded to my head PPO and pulled my door shut behind me. I then watched Elijah climb into the front seat and pull away from the curb before heading towards JFK Airport, making the building storm dissipate behind us, all while another storm entirely would soon begin.

It's shorter I know don't come at me but I did alot outside of be at home so yeah, I also finally figured out the schooling I'll end up doing so hopefully it goes well once I apply. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌️