Chapter Twenty Eight

As the day came to a close, Olivia and I walked out of the courthouse past the crowds that were shouting questions at us while we walked down the steps of the building and both of us slid into the low black car. I had planned a date for the two of us and it required the two of us going to Eleven Madison Park. I took Olivia to many of the more expensive restaurants, most of which recognized me so clearly that I'd gotten into the habit of never paying because there was the addition of my card on file.

Driving away from the curb I began the journey back to Southampton, I'd forgotten what had come from the journey her and I took together. She had witnessed the type of man I'd been the one who was still too unstable to be well, and yet Olivia still stood by me, allowed me to grow and not to compare me. She'd never compared me, and in my head I could only compare her to an angel, after that there was nothing. No one would compare to the woman I hoped to one day have a family with. It was also that same reason that I hoped to make sure that no one would ever stand against me or my company. I wanted to be sure no one could harm the people that I surrounded myself with and it was for them that I'd be certain that no one had anything bad be leaked to the world. I would take that blame again and again for as long as it took.

Getting onto the main highway I felt Olivia's hand wrap around mine, before her head resting on my shoulder, looking over at her I was met by those piercing grey eyes that never lacked an inkling of trust. I thought she could do better then me, that she eventually would, and instead in my tendency to be the best at everything I'd become the person she needed and wanted at the same time.

Besides she would always look better with me.

"Hello bellissima," I say glancing down at her and she smiled at me in return.

"Hi Adrian," she mewed and I tilted my head against hers as I drove down the road.

"You're going to have to put on a formal dress for dinner tonight, Olivia, I'm taking you for dinner," I say and she nods seeming happy, and the smile that had permeated her expression never left filling the rest of the trip back to the Hamptons in a joy only she could exhume.

When I got back to the house I parked the car and climbed out before rounding the vehicle and opening the door while Olivia picked up her purse and stepped out.

"Thank you," she says before her and I walked up to our front door and stepped into the home. Slipping off my shoes I carried them up to the second floor and off to the bedroom which since I had everything linked to my phone, and security system to turn on the lamps in my home.

Pulling off that day's suit I walked into the bathroom and stepped into the shower and let the rainfall showerhead send blades of hot water down onto my tense shoulders. I prided myself on my composure something that slipped on certain circumstances, but I balled all of it into my shoulders, and I wished that it wasn't the case but unfortunately I had my vices and emotional control led to tension I relieved in only a few ways.

I then heard the door slide and glanced to the other end of the tiled space to where the opposing showerhead was while the wooden shelves that had been integrated into the shower supported the soup bottles we each used.

"What?" Olivia asks crossing her arms over her chest, and I stepped closer to her before wrapping an arm around her middle, while the other held the side of her face.

"You, you're perfect, all of you is perfect," I whisper, and she hums resting her head more into my hand.

"I like the feel of your hands. They've done shit, and they're not exactly rough either," she muses and I exhaled in amusement.

"Hands that could fight someone, and make love in the same day," I say thinking of all the times I'd gone to Taz's and brought my hands to a bloody mess. I could still feel the years of destruction I'd done to my body, my personal desolation until I had more to my life then pain.