Chapter Twenty Five

When I was dressed better for the weather and both Adrian and I had eaten we walked out and down to the garage where Elijah had pulled out the S63 tuned by Brabus which was a favourite of Adrian's based on brand.

Opening the passenger door I closed the central button on my jacket before getting inside, Adrian handed Elijah something before climbing inside, and started the engine. He then drove off out of the main gate of the property out along Meadow Lane.

Adrian's choice for a vehicle especially with his focus told me that for once he wasn't playing to the image of the billionaire CEO, but who he was deep down. The convoy only ever existed so that when important things had to happen he could get around safely even if he was the most dangerous person there.

It also worried me that this could go badly, and I didn't have good memories of where we were going, I knew the place as four days of uncertainty and pain, while anything could have happened, Adrian knew the place as where he used to hold interrogations during his gang days, it was also where he took out all of his previous gang members and shot Demetri for what he'd done to me.

Leaving Southampton I felt Adrian's hand wrap around mine while the glove that had been covering it, was in his door panel, even if he had them to keep his hands warm.

"you don't have to me so worried Olivia, nothing will ever happen to you so long as I am with you, I might not be the best at holding my protection vows to be true but no matter what I will always come for you," Adrian says his fiery storm grey eyes meeting mine and I saw all the comfort of the world in them before he pulled his eyes back to the road and began to separate from the highway once we were in Manhattan as he made his way towards the dockyards on the West side of the island and it was then that I noticed the matte black M5 sedan behind us as Adrian pulled off the road and into the abandoned dockyards that were almost never used and were owned by Winters Group though no one ever actually used this section of the city, and Adrian enjoyed keeping it that way even if he planned to demolish it and build a warehouse for the trucking part of Lawrence Transportation.

Parking Adrian climbed from the car and rounded to the back of the vehicle while I did the same, I then watched Elijah climb out of the car behind us and pop the trunk.

"I haven't had to do this since I was deployed in Iraq" Elijah says as Adrian pulled out his handgun and shut off the safety.

"I held back the first time I had to deal with this fucker," Adrian says before going to the back of the car and hauling a man who I never thought I'd see again out of the back of the M5. Auburn brown hair pooled on the ground while black eyes flicked between Adrian and Elijah, the mans wrist were tied but other then that he wasn't restricted.

"Adrian, good to see you again," he says and shivers passed down my back.

"Shut the fuck up Flanne, Elijah take this piece of shit into the dock house," Adrian says looking to his PPO while Demetri's eyes landed on me and widened with a sadistically amused gleam.

When Elijah had taken Demetri inside Adrian's arms wrapped around my waist, "this ends today Bellissima, he can never hurt you again," he says softer then usual and the memories began to flood back. The first time Demetri had laid a hand on me, the times after, being groped, and gaslight again and again, being taken by force, and how that had been the last time I took anything from him before by chance he'd been arrested.

Then a kiss brought my out of my haze at the contact on my cheek, "you're shaking Olivia," Adrian says and I glanced down to my hands, and noticed that as he said I was practically vibrating, and my heartbeat had pounded so hard that it was almost coming out of my chest.

"I can't stand him," I say and I felt my eyes prickle with tears, and in a moment I was spun around and Adrian's arms bound me to him while my ear rested right over his chest while his heart beated strong and slow thrumming next to my ear.