Chapter Four

The following morning I peeled my eyes open as I looked around the room while thinking about last night and quickly found Olivia laying on my pillow as close to me as she could get, while breathing softly. Her dark hair fell in waves like a halo around her head and small marks from our multihour exercise last night. The box had been thrown out within four hours.

Not wanting to disturb her I climbed from bed and walked into my bathroom which carried the industrial theme of the penthouse into the room before I showered off sleep, and began to answer texts and emails regarding my work while I attempted to prepare for my day.

Pulling on one of my turtleneck shirt and the vest, along with trousers, and a pair of chukkas before selecting an Audamars Piguet Royal Oak.

Walking downstairs I began to make breakfast in the overly modern kitchen which made me yern for my mansion in the Hamptons but I wasn't willing to risk revealing that my wealth was where it was. Though the fact I lived here in one of the nicest homes in Tribeca would never slip from mind.

I was more fortunate then most, but the fact I outright bought the forty million dollar penthouse when my top ED's had to put a mortgage on their homes.

Then again six million a year was plentiful.

As I finished making food I watched the sluggishly tired form of Olivia come downstairs wrapped in one of my housecoats that was almost touching the ground.

"Good morning Livi," I say and she hums back a response as she sat down at the table while I carried a cup of coffee over to her.

"I'm calling in sick, I feel like I'm experiencing period cramps," she says a leering smirk on her lips as she stared at me, and took a sip from the penguin mug I'd bought her for Christmas.

"As your boss, I hate to tell you I can't accept that on such short notice," I muse as I set the plate of all of Olivia's favourite breakfast items in front of her, as a groan left her lips.

"As your dick boyfriend, I can make you something to help with the cramps," I add and her head shot up in shock.

"How?" she asks as I pulled out ginger, cream, cocoa powder, mint, a banana, tumeric, coconut and kale, which was probably my least favourite herb.

"A concoction that will both help, and give you energy, drink it through the day, not all at once," I instruct adding all the ingredients together while making tea separate from the items which blended together smoothly.

"How the fuck did I get lucky enough to have a boyfriend who does all the things," Olivia hums watching me as I made her anticramp smoothie.

"What things bellissima?" I smirk as I added the tea that I pressed into the drink and reblended before giving it to her.

"You're kindness Adrian, you know the thing you pretend you're not capable of, but exhibit for me and all the other people around you when they are in need. Along with you're smart, you're driven, good at self control, you're emotionally intelligent, you make me feel better then anyone else ever has. You just make me feel like I am a queen," Olivia says as she ate her breakfast.

"That's because if anyone touched you, Kate, Mia, or tried to go against my friends, I'd make the fall of Rome look like fucking garden picnic," I remarked dark enough that my tone could have rivaled the night.

"I don't doubt that," Olivia says as I began eating my breakfast all while Kaylee began to blow up my phone with emails, followed by a phone call that made Olivia give me an amused look.

"Mr. Winters, the Manager for Ruchelli Financial is set to be here in twenty minutes," my PA says in a concerned voice.

"I'll be another half hour until I'm there. He can wait," I state not willing to give up breakfast with Olivia to go to the office.