Chapter Twenty Four

Olivia Thorne

Adrian and I were finally back in the Hamptons. Back in the enormous home he had built just for us. The grey-brown walls, black trim, and accentuating white tones gave our home a luxurious and sophisticated appearance while the chevron pattern dark ebony Brazilian hardwood flooring paired with sections of single cut black marble that weighed just over fifteen thousand pounds and the house had to support all that weight on a second floor.

Prying open my eyes I was met by the bedroom Adrian and I slept in, the round crystal chandelier creating dancing rays of colorful light around the bedroom from the sunlight shining in from the sitting room on the right from where I lay and noticed that the almost too large bed Adrian and I shared was absent of his presence. However the whole room faintly smelled like the woody spicy cologne he wore, and I could hear the bathroom fan ticking down its timer.

He set it for an hour so that's the max he could have been awake.

Climbing out of bed I walked into my side of the closet and pulled on leggings and a hoodie before retrieving fuzzy socks, and pulled my hair into a bun.

Walking out of the double doors of the master bedroom I began to make my way along the hallway until I got to the stairs.

I'd forgotten the size of the house, my mom's townhouse where I'd grown up could fit in the bedroom. Walking into the hallway towards the living room I heard a piano keyboard pushed and the sound went through me before I peeked around the corner to see Adrian playing the instrument with ease as he allowed his fingers to move over them.

Then I listened to him as he began to sing, and I began to picture all the memories and how he seemed to have picked a song to learn to play that reminded him of me, and perhaps the person he was before then. When he eventually stopped I took a moment to listen to the last few keys of the song fade into the air before I spoke.

"Stuck in the past, Adrian," I quip and he spun around before casting me a smile that spoke of a long list of emotions, though the one that won out was appreciation. He'd always done so, appreciated me like I were sculpted of diamond.

"Any past regarding you is worth being stuck to, unless its the darker parts of it, then I hope those burn away like one of Hunters hangovers," he says and I laugh even as I looked to where the kitchen was and remembered that the two large counter islands sat one a wide staple shape, and the second between where the custom commissioned La Cormue appliances sat integrated into the kitchen. One of two in the house. Everything here was dark, and luxurious, the whole home screamed of Adrian, even the ambient lighting suited him.

"You have the same expression as the first time you ever saw the house like this," Adrian comments and I looked at him since I could tell he now looked at the house as a symbol of how far he'd come on his own.

"You've done exceptional Adrian, I'm really proud of you for creating the life you wanted," I say as he stopped in front of me and wrapped his arms around me before kissing the top of my head.

"I couldn't have had any of this without you Olivia, you've supported me through all of this," he says and I smiled up at him.

"I'd support you in all lives," I say and he smiled in only the way he could, but his eyes spoke to all the emotions that he felt.

"I would protect you in all of them, which is why I have a particular piece of information we might find interesting," he says letting go of my waist and crossing the living room before he walked to the first door on the left of the hallway and stepped into his home office.

After a moment Adrian stepped out with a file, which he handed to me and I smiled at the black folder then watched as the black envelope fell out with silver corners.

His envelopes.

I could remember the letter I got that seemed different from Thornbrook. In reality it was Adrian who had gotten his security team to make sure that I was safe and observed. He didn't care who I was, but he likely thought of me as a connection to Demetri who he put in jail so it made sense that he'd had me followed and documented everyone and everything.

Paranoid, or efficient.

There had been an article titled that on Adrian and we both just laughed since I knew that he was probably one of the most sensible and intuitive people I knew.

As I opened the envelope I pulled out two pieces of paper and began to scan them which revealed a list of people connected to the order of who got my picture taken and then printed it off. As I continued to scan it I spotted a certain name and would have dropped the envelope if I didn't have Adrian's hands to keep me balanced.

"What, how did he?" I ask peering up at Adrian and saw my worried and frightened expression in his stoic expression, and flaming eyes.

"I don't know, but he doesn't get to call the shots," Adrian says and I heard his phone vibrate which he ignored.

"That would be them telling me that they're leaving to do what I asked of them," he says and I glanced back down to the five names.

"What will happen to the last four, the first name you've wanted dead for a while?" I puzzle and he gave me a look that spoke his words for him before his voice did.

"They all will get the same fate, it's enough of an offense for four of them, the fifth, I will have another do the work for it," he says, and then his phone pinged again and he pulled out his phone.

"If you want I will let you see the end of this, but only if you want to. I know you agree with how I handle business but people who harm you, you've never actually seen what happened to them except for Demetri," Adrian says and I nod.

"Okay, I say nodding as if to reassure him that I'd be okay with what he may do or would do.

"We have time to have breakfast, I'll let you shower and get ready before food," Adrian says and I gave him a smile before I walked off towards the stairs.

When we left there would only be one place we'd be going, the old dock yard where I had been taken last time, and there would finally be where things would end. There Demetri Flanne would finally get the kind of justice I viewed as being worthy of the guy who'd raped me three and half years ago.

So the insinuation is clear here, but for anyone the next chapter is more in line with finale chapters or my other active series. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌️