Chapter 146 - Artillery Fire (1)

Start from the beginning

However, Hwalin’s hiccups do not stop.

[“Hic!”]

After a brief eye contact, Hwalin, still hiccupping, bit her lower lip and cursed at Kang Woojin right in front of her.

[“······Crazy bastard.”]

And then.

[“Shit!!”]

As if she couldn’t stand it anymore, Hwalin flung her arms wide and rushed towards Kang Woojin. The angle gradually widens. The two are shown in a full shot, with the cherry blossom petals gently fluttering down.

She pounced on him. That was the most fitting description.

Hwalin clinging to Kang Woojin, him lightly catching her, their lips overlapping in the situation, as if they were devouring each other’s lips. It was sultry, yet peculiar, almost as if they were both wild beasts. At this point, the crowd, sneakily glancing at the two lost in their own world, is briefly shown, then the angle captures the two rubbing against each other again.

Then.

[“Ahh! No! Stop for a moment!”]

Following Hwalin’s narration, the screen abruptly stops again.

[“How······ did it end up like this??”]

Suddenly, the scene rewinds. Woojin and Hwalin move backwards quickly, and so do the people. It’s as if the world is being rewound, even the earth spinning back.

Then.

– Sss.

The OST changes, and the overall color tone shifts. Fluttering curtains, a chalkboard and teacher’s desk, and students running around appear one after another.

[“······”]

A boy in a school uniform, lying on a desk, is shown. Of course, it was Kang Woojin. Then, a female voice calls out to him.

[“Hey! Han In-ho!!”]

It was Hwalin, too, wearing a school uniform. Kang Woojin lifts his disheveled head, but as soon as he sees Hwalin, he flops back down, and Hwalin runs over and smacks him on the head. Kang Woojin jumps up.

[“Ah! Lee Bo-min! Have you gone crazy?!”]

Soon, the alternating faces of a scowling Kang Woojin and a radiantly smiling Hwalin are shown, followed by the title appearing.

-‘Male Friend’

Up to this point, Kang Hyun-ah and her friends, munching on snacks, were immersed in watching episode 1 of ‘Male Friend’, and they all chorused in unison with exaggerated sincerity.

“Crazy······ So damn fun.”

Meanwhile.

About an hour after ‘Male Friend’ officially released on Netflix Korea, Kang Woojin’s close friends’ group chat was ablaze.

-Hyung-gu: Crazy? Hey hey, is it true ‘Male Friend’ starts with a kiss scene??!!

-Hyung-gu: Damn, I’m jealous

-Kyung-sung: What? A kiss? Right from the start? Wait a minute, I’m at work but gonna go to the restroom to check it out

-Hyung-gu: Did Kang Woojin save the country like 40 times in his past life!!!! Ahhhhh, really so damn jealous

-Dae-young: Guys, you saw it, didn’t you? But I witnessed it firsthand

-Hyung-gu: ??? For real?

-Dae-young: I saw it with my own eyes