Chapter 143 - Missing (2)

Start from the beginning

‘······Yeah, it’s okay, no particular problem.’

He completely wiped off his laughter and checked himself. ‘Corporal Jin Sun-cheol’ was different from the other roles he had embodied. Currently, Kang Woojin had to maintain three different worlds, including his own. Therefore, he had to continuously check himself, not only for the concept but also in general.

Around this time, Director Kwon Ki-taek, looking content, approached Woojin.

“Woojin-ssi.”

“Ah- yes, Director~nim.”

“You okay?”

Kang Woojin lowered his voice as much as possible.

“No problem.”

“Then, can we reshoot this scene again? It’s OK, but I want to try reducing the lights a bit more.”

“Of course.”

“If it’s too much for you.”

“No, you can go ahead.”

“Alright.”

Director Kwon Ki-taek smiled slightly, turned around, and muttered to himself.

‘He showed such intense emotion, but it doesn’t seem to affect him at all? Becoming an actor in my film really highlights his monstrous talent.’

A few staff members rushed over to adjust the military uniform on Kang Woojin. Cameras and lights were moved back to their original positions.

Then.

“Action.”

The filming continued once again. Thus, Corporal Jin Sun-cheol once more ‘erases’ Lance Corporal Choi from ‘Island of the Missing’. This scene was repeated three times by Director Kwon Ki-taek. Not because the acting of the two actors was lacking, but because Director Kwon wanted to make changes to the overall direction and camera angles.

After about an hour and 30 minutes.

The current scene finally came to an end.

-Clap!

With the noise of the slate, it immediately moved to the next scene. After dropping Lance Corporal Choi, Corporal Jin Sun-cheol, with his two identities, causes a conflict. Naturally, a collision between the two personas. And Corporal Jin Sun-cheol decides on something. What he should do in this strange, eerie ‘Island of the Missing’.

The scene starts right after Lance Corporal Choi disappears.

“Action.”

Upon Director Kwon Ki-taek’s calm signal, Kang Woojin, or Corporal Jin Sun-cheol, dressed in military uniform.

-Swish.

Suddenly collapses on the spot. The camera captures the upper body of Corporal Jin Sun-cheol. Contrary to his smiling just before, Jin Sun-cheol now gasps for breath.

“Huff, Puff, Hup-”

At this moment, real pain pervaded the body of Kang Woojin, fully embodying Corporal Jin Sun-cheol.

‘Can’t breathe.’

There was a lack of air. His body was sending out warnings. That was the feeling. Therefore, Woojin’s breathing quickens. The dark surroundings seemed to hint at the deed he had just committed. A pitch-black future.

‘I feel nauseous.’

Kang Woojin felt like vomiting.

“Huk!”