28. Reunion

From the airport, I drove straight back to my apartment to drop off my suitcase and take a shower. I could hardly wait to see Theodore again, and I texted him to let him know that I was back and to see what he was up to. There were still a few days left in the winter break but he was in his office preparing for the new semester. I asked him when I could see him and he told me to stop by his place that evening.

When I arrived at Theodore's apartment, he promptly answered the door and greeted me with a kiss.

"I missed you," he said, stepping aside to let me in the apartment.

"I missed you, too," I said as I crossed the threshold. He closed the door behind us and pulled me into his arms.

"How have you been?" he asked after planting another kiss on my lips. "How was your break?"

"Boring," I said. "My family was exhausting, but that was expected."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know if I really want to talk about it," I said as he let me go.

"I understand," Theodore said.

"It's just heavy, you know?" I said as I followed him into the living room. The TV was on and I joined him on the couch.

"From what you've mentioned so far, it sounds like it."

I sighed. "My sister is off her meds and is drinking a lot. My mom asked me to talk to her and when I did she got snappy. It was draining."

"I'm sorry," Theodore said. "I wish there was something I could do."

"Just being here is enough," I smiled. "I'm out of Texas and back where I belong."

"I know you were considering moving back to Texas after you graduate. Is that still on the table?"

"Absolutely not," I said. "I'm much happier here. Plus, now I have you."

"Very true," he said, brushing a tendril of my hair out of my face.

"What about you? How was your break?"

"It was fine," he said. "Relaxing. I caught up on some reading. I stopped by the bookstore a few times, still hoping you'd be there. I saw Huey, though."

"Oh, god," I laughed. "How did that go?"

"Perfectly fine. He's quite good at his job."

"You know, I told him I'm taken. After we talked. He doesn't know it's you, of course, but I finally broke the news to him before I left town."

"Thank you," Theodore smiled. "I'm glad to hear it. How did he take it?"

"Surprisingly well," I said. "Well, I don't know why I'm surprised. He's genuinely a good guy."

"I guess he'd have to be in order to be such a good friend of yours."

"Unfortunately that can't be said for all of my friends."

"Are you still not talking to Maria?"

"We have nothing to discuss," I said simply.

"Fair enough," he said before leaning in and giving me a gentle kiss.

I kissed him back with a little more enthusiasm.

"Did you really want to pick up where we left off?" I asked, my cheeks burning.

"I do," he said. "Although, we shouldn't."

"We're already breaking the rules. What's one more?" I asked.

"You're on a mission, aren't you?" Theo chuckled.

"I waited a whole month for this," I said, moving closer to him.

"As have I," he said. He took my face in his hands and kissed me before wrapping an arm around my waist.

We kissed more and I felt my body begin to heat up. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he leaned forward, gently laying me down flat on the couch. We continued to kiss as I felt his hand slide up my leg and under my skirt. I was grateful for my decision to wear tall socks instead of tights that day.

I gasped lightly as I felt his hand press against my center, through my underwear. His hand felt big and warm against me, and I arched my back a little to push myself against his palm. He stoked me with his thumb, feeling the wetness of my panties.

"I love you," he murmured, kissing my face.

"I love you, too," I said through heavy breaths.

I felt his fingers push the delicate fabric aside and the stroking continued, skin on skin. I moaned against his lips. He was driving me mad with anticipation. Pleasure radiated through my body as he continued to pet me. His thumb slowly circled my most sensitive spot, then he stoked it, gently and first, then with more pressure.

I quivered against his touch, wanting more, when he hooked his fingers around the elastic of my panties and slipped them off, over my legs and onto the floor. Then he stood, scooped me up into his arms, and carried me into the bedroom.

He laid me out on the bed before beginning to undress. I eagerly followed suit. Moments later he was over me again, kissing and loving on me.

"You are so beautiful," he said, cupping my breast and gently rubbing my nipple with his thumb.

"I'm ready for you," I said, failing to control my breath.

Theodore reached over to the bedside table, opened the drawer and pulled out a condom packet.

"You're prepared," I smiled.

"You expressed interest and I took you seriously," he replied. He opened the packet and got himself ready. I spread my legs wider in anticipation.

I felt him press against me, then in me. I gasped as he filled me completely. I tightened my legs on either side of him and clung onto him as he began to rock his hips, in and out.

"That's feels—" I gasped out, unable to finish my sentence.

Theodore kissed me before pumping harder, heightening the pleasure.

I held onto him as he worked, and just when I didn't think I could take any more pleasure, he roughly finished, pushing himself deep within me.

I inhaled sharply when he pulled out and he left for the bathroom long enough to get rid of the condom before returning to me in bed. I'd pulled the covers over myself and he joined me there.

"That was..." I trailed off, looking over at him.

"That was nice," he smiled.

"I don't know if nice is the first word I'd choose to describe it," I teased.

"And how would you describe it?"

"Amazing. Incredible. Mind-blowing," I said, listing off the options.

"Those are all good contenders as well," Theodore said.

"Sometimes you're too much of a gentleman," I said, running my hand through his hair.

"No such thing," he replied, pulling me into his arms. He kissed my forehead and I nestled my face into his neck.

"I love you so much," I sighed, perfectly content in his arms.

He stroked my hair and kissed the top of my head. "I love you, too."