CHAPTER 23

Two days went by so fast like a blink of an eye.Without having to hide their excitements and rejoices upon seeing each other again,they went to have dinner on a private restaurant Gab reserved for them.Just like the usual,they talked and talked about anything,about their life,their work.As time flies,their conversation turned into nothing particular,just anything that came to mind.In the middle of their wandering chitchats,that's when George called her sister asking if she'd come home since they know she's with Ced,which only means the answer is no,and her brother of course,was expecting that.He just grinned and hung up the phone.After their long dinner,they roam around the now quiet road under the bright city lights,with the windows down,they can feel the cool breeze that enveloped their skin.They didn't check the time,but they can tell that it's getting late already.Stopping at a convenient store along the road,they brought cans of beer and sat at the back of the car.This time,they let the comfortable silence surround them and enjoyed the tranquility that it brings,while looking up at the night sky from time to time.

Glancing at the other girl who looks so tiny wearing her bomber jacket,with her chin on its knees,Ced decided to break the silence.

“Are your legs cold too?” She asked.

Tearing her gaze away from the lamp post,she looked at Ced.

“A little,but the beer starts to heat me up so I'll be fine.” She answered.

“Why did you wear shorts anyway?You know it's cold outside during the night.”

She chuckled before tapping Ced's shoulder.

“Don't worry about my legs.Why are you looking at it anyway?” She asked in a teasing tone,her eyes glistening a little.

“I was not.” She said,and it sounded like she's denying a crime she didn't do.She look away and took a sip of the beer as if trying to hide her face from Gab.

But Gab looks at her with a sly smile,obviously not buying it.

“I was looking at you.” Ced added,sounding defensive,making Gab's smile grew wide.

“Then why were you looking at me?” Gab playfully asked.

Ced just sighed to hide her…what?How does getting caught looking at your friend feels like?

She could feel the heat rising up on her cheeks.She’s embarrassed,her mind says she shouldn't.It’s normal,she does this with Belle too,they even hold hands,share clothes,they check each other out and that's never been a problem,the only difference is that it didn't bother her the way it did right at the moment.

Why is she feeling that way?

Is it because she hasn't known Gab for a long time like she has with her best friend?But she's as comfortable with Gab just as she is with Belle.
Or is it because she's just not used to Gab teasing her like that.Just why is she making a fuss about it?

Just play it cool,like you do best. She tells herself.

She went along.“Can't I look at you?”

“You can.” Gab answered right away without thinking twice.

But Ced’s in different dimension,she seems to be taking the conversation more serious than it should be.

Perhaps it really must've just intrigued her.“Were you bothered?...Does my stares bother you?” Ced inquired,now looking directly into Gab's eyes.

Gab chuckled,looking at Ced like she just asked the unbelievable.“You always look at me.”

For a moment,Ced recalled all the times they had together.Just how many times she looked at her,stole a glance and got caught?