CHAPTER 21

Gab was surprise to received the box her mother gave her.She was just taking her time in the shower and when she goes down,there was already a 'gift' from a stranger delivered to her address.While she's untying the ribbon,she can feel the gazes and anticipation by everyone who are forming a circle waiting to find out what's inside it.

Slowly,almost like teasing them,she unboxed it.And when she did,looking at the cupcakes,
she now knew exactly who sent it.

“You want it?” She asked her sister with clearly no interest on eating the cupcakes.

“Hhmm…” Grace acted like she's thinking about the offer,putting her hand over her chin.

“I can have it.” George volunteered.

“We will share.” Grace finally concludes.

“Uhm,take it.” Gab then handed it over to George.

They were all seated on the couch as Gab is searching for a good movie to watch.

“As much as I don't like Richard,I kind of like the taste of this cupcake.” Said George.

Of course,he too,knew.His sister and Richard had been together for many years and he kind of memorized what were their usuals.

“So,is he like…courting you?Or is he just pestering you again.” It was Ced who asked.

Her left brow's raised with a glimpse of devilish smirk on the side of her lips that Gab noticed.

“Most likely the latter.” Ced chuckled with her answer.

While Matthew whose eyes were on the flat screen — was listening to their conversation.
He didn't like the thought of Gab's ex boyfriend trying to get her attention again,but somehow,
he felt assured by Gab's words.With that being said,still,there's something he's been observing since earlier,having his eyes wide open to the possibility.

“Well,who's still not used to his inconsistency though?” Gab added with a mocking tone laughing at herself.

“Maybe you should stop accepting his gifts,
cause he might think,you're considering him..” Matthew spoke.

“Nah,he's just like that.He shows and then disappears.”

Now,it's Ced's turn to listen to the two talking since she's in between Matthew and Gab.

“Then maybe I could give him a word if we meet again.” Matthew said.

“Matt.”

Hearing Ced's deep voice calling his name like she's about to lecture him on something,he glanced at her friend.

“Don't try to intervene.” She said on a low voice.

“But like you said,he's pestering Gab.”

“It's the matter between the two.Gab can handle him.So don't intervene unless she asks you to.” Ced really did lecture him.

And he listens to her,like he always does.So he hang his head low and shut his mouth before focusing on the screen.

“Mom,it's been a long time since sis Gab is single,don't you think it's time for her to be in a relationship again?”

Grace's out of the blue question made Gab's eyes bulge before she hits her sister's head.

“Aw!” Grace reacted stroking her head.

Gab gave her a death glare,while Ced was leaning on Gab's shoulder looking at her with a playful look and a grin.And Matthew just silently wishes he could do that to the girl he likes too.