CHAPTER 18

It has been a week since Gab and Ced's visitation at the foundation.They didn't see each other after Ced dropped her off her house after having dinner together but the communication between them was never lost.That is why Gab knows how busy her friend is these days and the days followed.It would be a lie if she denies that she didn't missed their bond,the deep talks and the expression on Ced's face everytime she orders foods that could feed her friend for an entire week.

"Don't forget to take a rest.Let's meet when you're free." Sent.

She sent Ced a text before putting her phone on her pocket as Matthew's car stopped in front of the shop.She glanced at Khate and gave her a look that says 'I'm leaving',her cousin who understood the statement, nodded.

She opened the door,and entered the car meeting Matthew's warm smile.She's glad that he finally listened to her after several times she told him that there's no need for him to open the door everytime he picks her up because it's something that she finds really unnecessary.In other word,she really just don't like it,at all.

"Hi!" He greeted.

"Hi!" She replied chuckling softly.

She kinda finds it funny to see that familiar look on Matthew everytime he picks her up.Or maybe not 'funny',but amusing.The look of someone who's madly in love,the same look her ex used to had back in the day,which was a trick that trapped her into the brokenness.But it didn't bother her that much now,it's just that,she becomes skeptical with romance and the idea of being in the state of something so uncertain.

With that in her mind all the time,why is she with him?Is she giving him a chance?Is she letting herself fall in love again?Is she starting to fall for his efforts and affection?Didn't she turned him down a week ago?And now,they're seeing each other almost every day and since then,their closeness has never been quite this strong before.

Although she kept her walls still high,and the boundaries Matthew should not cross,other than that,they are...they're fine.Looking like a happy couple — people can assume.

"I'm really happy you're spending me your free time." Matthew spoke.

"Of course.I'm a woman of my word."

Yes.That's exactly the reason behind.As what they agreed,he is not courting her,even when he badly wants to.She no longer allowed him to continue doing all those stuffs that's beyond what a friend does,the gifts,the presents and the visitations that happen most of the time during her work because somehow,it makes her feel uncomfortable and pressured.If she could just tell him and force him to unlike her,she would've done it because she doesn't want to break his heart.

But Matthew,who always has been persistent - promised not to overdo his efforts and told her he respects her decision,as long as they remain friends and Gab won't distance herself to him.

They made a deal,and at this moment,they're on their way to have dinner at a restaurant Matthew discovered - somewhere near the city.

On the other hand,Ced is still in the office finishing her presentation for tomorrow's meeting.She didn't reply to her friend's message but she's doing her best to finish her tasks so she could spend time with her again.She doesn't have her best friend to accompany her because Belle is also caught up with work,so no one will drag her out of the office to eat.She sighed.Massaged her shoulder that's starting to numb and laid her back on the swivel chair.Out of exhaustion,she didn't notice she had fallen asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ced was happy that her schedule is free for the next three days.Well,not totally free but at least,she has no loads that's breathing on her neck.She's in the parking lot,typing a message to Gab.