CHAPTER 13

Gab's POV

I spend the whole day with Ced,she picked me up earlier and helped me get a cake for their executive director,I was surprised when I didn't hear any complaints from Khate only to find out that she gave her an exclusive entry to one of the finest hotels in our place,and of course my cousin won't say no to that.I brought the bouquet she ordered,then she tagged me along to her company and introduced me to them.Waited inside her office while she was having a meeting,fell asleep,got mom's message saying I have to come home early and yes,so basically,I woke up,prepared to go to work only to be dragged by her.

Now,we stopped over in a convenient store because she said she can't just go there,have dinner without offering something though that is so unnecessary but I won't stop her if that's what she wants.

I'm at the counter,I told the man at my back to go first while Ced is getting something she said she forgot.

A coin hits the floor right in front of my left foot.I picked it up and handed it to the man.It would be so much of a struggle if I let him pick it since he's holding a baby boy whom I think is only one year old.

“Thank you.” He said.

His voice is hoarse,I couldn't see his face because he's wearing a cap.He paid his bill just as soon as Ced came back.They almost bumped into each other.

The man instantly apologized to her.She did the same too.I noticed how Ced froze the moment their eyes met,the man on the other hand walked away in a hurry.

Few minutes had passed but Ced remained standing like a statue,her face looks like she had seen a ghost.

I held her shoulders and shook her,bringing her back to her consciousness.

“Ced?You look pale,what's wrong?”

She looks at me,eyes watery and feels like anytime she will crumpled down like a piece of paper.

I gently massage her right hand — calming her.

She heave a huge sigh and shrugged whatever that was that bothered her.She placed the drinks and the cashier started scanning the items.

“Are you alright?” I asked once again.

“Yeah,it's just…he looks familiar.” She said,giving the payment to the cashier.

I can still feel the uneasiness in her but I know she can handle it.We left the place and went inside the car.I put the paper bags near me as she started driving.

We got home and headed straight to the kitchen area where everything is set.

“Good evening mom and you crazy bastards.”

“Good evening.” Ced greeted.

“Ced darling,good to see you again.”

Ced smiled at mom,I know she still feels shy towards her.I can sense the looks my siblings are throwing at us but I chose to ignore it.I put the drinks we bought to the fridge.We pray and started eating.

“You bring chips,popcorns and drinks,which makes me conclude that we will be watching a movie later on?” Grace guessed.

“Actually,you will display it to the shop and sell it,I'll just give you a commission on each items.” I jokingly said making her smile dropped.

“The movie sounds better,I'll go with that.” She said.

“We'll see.”

A couple minutes of silence,only our utensils are making sounds but my mom cut it off.

“Did you know your brother here is courting our new neighbor?”

I almost spit the juice.I heard them laugh,I looked at Ced who's trying not to laugh hard.