CHAPTER 15

It was a sunny day when Gab rushed to the shop since she's running late — well,it's not the first time it happened but today is different.
There was a walk-in customer who ordered two dozens of bouquets and they need to deliver it by one in the afternoon.Obviously,
Khate can't do it alone because she's also dealing with other customers who booked their orders online.

“I'm starting to lose my mind,we have so many rush orders today,and it's only 10 in the morning.” Khate said wrapping the flowers.

“Did our supplier contact you?” Gab asked.

“That's one of my problems,they said we have to wait until there's an available driver.”

“What?Why?Didn't I told them to deliver it by 9am?”

“Yeah but they told me some of their drivers are not on duty today.”

Gab just sighed.

“Guess I have to pick it up myself.” She said.

“How?”

That makes her think.She doesn't have a car,her motorcycle can't carry them all and it'll be hard for her to drive back.

“I don't know yet,but I'll find a way,but I have to finish these first.”

She's on her second to the last arrangement when someone shows up.Her focus is on her things when a hand touches hers making her look up at the person.

She took a deep breath and calm herself.

“What?” She asked.

Then she remembered that she has no time for nonsense talk and she still has a lot of things to do,so before the person could respond,she speaks again.

“Look,if it's not really that important then save it to yourself.Can't you see that I'm busy?”

The person chuckles and place the paper bag on the side of the table.

“I know.Wrong timing,but I bought you some foods and snacks.Don't forget to eat.”

“Richard,thank you but you don't have to do this,I can take care of myself.”

Actually,she thinks she can do it better than him.And no,she's certain about it.

“I also know that,but Gab,I want to.Just let me,please?”

Before she could answer,the door opens revealing Matthew holding a box of cookies,showing his sweetest smile to Gab.

He stood in front of her,beside Richard.There's an irresistible feeling of awkwardness that enveloped the room.Gab's gaze went from the two then to her cousin trying to ask for help but Khate just laughed at her and continue to do her things,excluding herself from the situation.

“Hi,Gab!”

Matthew didn't know about her ex,but looking at him, he can sense that he can't consider him a friend.He thinks he's actually his rival and so he has to step up his game.

Gab smiled at him a little,which made Richard disappointed.Being with his ex girlfriend for years means knowing her more than the guy beside him does,and he knows for sure that,that smile wasn't the realest she could give but at least he had one,unlike him.

“Matt,what brings you here?”

Her tone wasn't that welcoming but it's way better than with Richard's.

Matthew handed the box to Gab which the latter gladly accepted.

The two guys look at each other,one gave his victorious smirk while the other remained stoic.