CHAPTER 3

Ced's POV

I've been stuck in my office early this morning with my laptop,doing my first duty since I came back from Paris.

After mom died,I decided to leave the country to avoid seeing my father.I made sure that our businesses here are in good hands while I was away to at least keep my mom's legacy alive.
She's a successful business woman and maybe I got some of her traits when it comes to business management.Aside from my coffee shop,I also manage mom's company,I took over her place cause I can't trust my father anymore.He once was a loving father and a faithful husband but then casino happened and ruined him.He started wasting his money,used all his savings and everything he put up his whole life.He stayed in his condo unit and was being taken care of whoever he picked up at the club.Mom and I knows he's hopeless already,we can't save him,he doesn't want to be saved neither.I didn't like who he becomes,I accepted the fact that I've lost my father and grateful to have my mom always there for me.Until that night.We received a call from his also drunk friend that dad had an accident and they were on their way to the hospital.My mom rushed to the hospital.She didn't let me go with her since I have an appointment in the morning and it was late,she told me to sleep and so I did.But I woke up with a news that shattered me into pieces.Mom got involved into a car accident and was found dead on arrival.When I arrived in the hospital,I saw her covered with white cloth - lifeless.While my dad?All well and still breathing.

The person who bumped into my mom's car was drunk,over speeding,lost its consciousness and had my mom suffered the consequence.
Later that day I found out that guy also died but I didn't care.I was crying nonstop when I entered my father's room,there I saw him with his lovely whore.I walked near them,they both looked at me and saw a glimpse of fear in the whore's eyes.

She's gone,because of you.I never thought I could hate you this much,father.

My voice sounded out of breath from crying but I managed to say it,I heard him call my name as I was on my way out but didn't bother to go back.I asked my client to reschedule our meeting and informed them about what happened to my family,they understood and grant my request.After mom's burial and after I settled my appointments.I processed my papers and got ready.

I remember driving my way to the airport on a rainy day,I couldn't see the road clearly but I really wanted to leave here temporarily.I can't afford to lose myself or else I'd lose everything.
My mom always tells me to never lose yourself in the process of breaking down.

I know I'm not the only one who suffers,and others had it worse but they managed to get through it and so am I.

I was right.

That's what I told myself the moment I saw her.
She looked more miserable than me.Like she doesn't have any reasons left to go on.I stopped my car near her,and got out of the car holding a coffee I brought with me to keep me still while driving but I know she needed it.I stood in front of her but she didn't move a bit even after noticing my presence,her eyes were swollen,I placed the coffee beside her and give her some words of wisdom.I wanted to hug her but I might scare her so I went back to my car and left.

Hold on.We got this.

We are in the same situation,at the edge of giving up but in this trying times,we have to be tough.I hope she'll win her battle.

And from what I've seen.She did.It has been a week since I saw her,I got busy and didn't had time to visit my shop,I wonder,does she goes there regularly?I remember her stealing glances at me like she's studying me,did she perhaps remember me?

"Ced?" I heard Belle,my best friend,called me knocking at the door.

"Come in,Belle."

I saw her holding a paper bag probably with a food inside.