CHAPTER 8

They're now at Ced's place.Gab woke up as soon as they arrived.

“Are you still sleepy?” Asks Ced when they enter her room.

“Nope,but is it okay with you sharing a bed with me?”

“You said you don't bite,right?”

Gab didn't say a word but she mentally rolls her eyes.She noticed Ced opening her huge white cabinet showing her clothes.

“Feel free to choose.”

“Anything will do.”

“Do you want to take a shower first?” She asks as she grab 2 nightdresses.

“Do I smell bad?”

Gab's question makes Ced went closer to her.Closer enough that she could hear its breathing,a hand slightly combing her hair before tacking it behind her ear.

She'd be lying if she says it didn't make her heart beats rapidly cause it does.It's nearly bursting actually.

Ced leaned in making her gulp in surprise when she feels the tip of its nose on her neck.

“No,you don't.” Ced said in a rasp voice.

She took a step backwards.

“I should change my clothes.”

She grab the fabric and ran inside Ced's bathroom thankful that she didn't slipped.

“What was that?” She asks herself panting.

She changed her clothes and went back and find Ced drinking a wine who's also done changing hers.

“Still thirsty?” She asks.

“Sort of,but more likely so I could sleep.Wanna have some?”

Ced is standing near the glass window.

“No,I can still feel the whiskey in my throat.”

Gab said walking towards her direction but maintaining a space between them.

“You said you only had margarita and cocktail.”

Ced raised one of her brows.Gab fakes a smile.

“I had to take the shot so I could go to you.”

“What?” Ced confusedly asks.

“Your friend won't let go of me.So I took the shot and told him I'll go to the comfort room because my stomach hurts.” Gab said shaking her head thinking about the alibi she told Matthew awhile ago.

“That's silly.You didn't have to do that.”

“But were you looking at me like I did something wrong,and I got guilty for leaving you alone.”

That statement from Gab makes Ced spit her drink.

“Hey!That's enough.I think you had too much already.” Gab take the glass and wine away from her.

“I'm sorry.” Ced said wiping her mouth with a tissue.

“It's okay.”

A moment of silence.Ced wants to bring up her stupid concern but she doesn't have the courage.One more thing,it's really stupid.So stupid.She thinks she's gone stupidly crazy.

“You had fun with him?”

Oh God!She didn't meant to sound it bitterly but it sounded like it.

“He's...”

What's taking her so long to answer my stupid question? She asked herself.

“He's fine.”

Oh!That's it? She doesn't know why she's talking to herself right now.