CHAPTER 19

Gab's POV

I woke up strangely early in the morning.I didn't set an alarm,I received no calls,nobody disturbed my sleep and yet here I am,staring blanky at the ceiling,thinking why the hell my body and mind are already wide awake.I tried to close my eyes hoping to get some sleep even though I know it's useless since I don't feel drowsy at all,and guess what?I was right.

So what I did was to reach my phone from the table and dialed Ced's number.It's 5:15 and knowing her body clock and her work,I presumed she's awake by now.Probably dressing up?Or in front of the mirror putting some makeup,having breakfast can be considered too.

It keeps ringing until it stopped and the person on the line spoke,saying her usual dialogue.I dialed her number once again but the result was the same.I've been thinking about it all night,I texted her but she didn't reply,I called her again and again but she didn't answer.

Is she mad at me?Is it because I wasn't able to accept her invitation last night?If that's the case,what should I do?

I remember when I got her text,Matt and I was already waiting for the food to arrive,even though I badly want to hangout with her too,I couldn't just ditched him and go after her.That would be so rude.But I did try to make it up to her though,after having dinner with her friend,I was planning to stay the night at her place but then again,I couldn't contact her.

Should I apologize again?Should I go to her place?Should I deliver her some flowers?What about food?Oh!It's still early!That only means,I stil have enough time to cook and bring it whether to her house or at her office.

It's a nice idea,isn't it?I think so,yeah?

Is it necessary?

My subconscious mind talked to me.

Is it?I think so.

Do you really have to do it?

Well,not really.

Then why—

A phone call interrupts the session between my conscious and subconscious mind.A smile plastered on my lips when I saw who is calling.

"I thought you were mad at me or something.
You weren't answering my calls,you didn't replied to my messages neither.”

My excitement rushed over me that I forgot to greet her 'good morning'.Well,I couldn't blame myself either,I'm not used to — her ignoring me.

But to my surprise,I heard a different voice from the line.

"Gab,it's Belle.”

Oh.Her best friend.I don't know how to react,or what to say.Her tone was,I can't tell what exactly it is but it's between not pleased and delighted,in which for me,makes it more oddly.

I was taking my time contemplating what and how to respond when she speaks again.

“She hasn't woken up yet.”

I wanted to ask where is she and why they are together when I remember they're best friends,so I let her continue instead.

“She consumed too much heavy drinks last night and got drunk.”

Hhmm…that's why.

“Gab?Are you still there?”

I cleared my throat and answer her.

“Yes,I'm listening.”

I sense she hesitated but she managed to pushed through.

“If you don't mind,can I ask you a favor?”