二十 𝙀𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙒𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 (𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙄)

The plane landed in Rome after twelve hours of flight. When you woke up from your nap, you saw Kazuya on the other row staring at you with an amused smile, as if he had been watching you the whole time and you just hoped you hadn't drooled during that.

The Colosseum was the chosen location for the eighth King of Iron Fist Tournament and very soon, fighters from all over the world would clash there and the future winner, would bring pride to his nation.

But you wondered where the pride was, when hatred was involved...

«So, this is where the battle of destiny will take place...you'll see your ex boyfriend again, aren't you happy Y/n?» Nina taunted you by referring to Jin Kazama, but that didn't work and you already knew what to say to silence her.

«I didn't see your name on the list, or is the "Silent Assassin" afraid to loose against a gang of kids?»

You narrowed the eyes while the other woman glared at you, at least until Kazuya reappeared to calm your turbulent spirits.

«Are you sure you can trust her? She worked for your father in the past.» You thought out loud, highlighting your disdain for the blonde-haired woman, but Kazuya wasn't fazed by your question and simply shrugged.

«I don't trust anyone and whoever dares to disobey, will be his end.» He said looking at the view in front of him, very soon it would be filled with the crowd yelling at the fighters. You took a step forward, looking a little annoyed by his wary words.

«Does that apply to me too?» You asked coldly, as if you already knew the answer and started to walk away when your wrist was grabbed roughly, making you smile sideways.

«You already know what happens when you disobey me.» Instantly, Kazuya pulled you towards him, locking your gaze and body on him for the umpteenth time, without being able to escape «You're good at that, sweetheart.»

Your heart vibrated against his chest and you hoped to stay in that position a little longer, but duty called and once again, you and Kazuya parted ways.

«I will reserve a special seat for you. I need to know where I can put my eyes when I win.» Your boss smirked before going away, he knew what to say to catch you off guard and you clutched your bag in your hands.

If he wins, the whole world would be at his feet. But you had a strange feeling about it and saw it in the sky, which was slowly turning gray.

Was Kazuya Mishima the real threat to fear? You put on a pair of reading glasses, surely you were the hawk's eye watching over the tournament and promptly, you would have intervened to protect the innocent.

• ● •

For the first time, you would have witnessed a world fighting tournament with your own eyes, as you were the supervisor. People quickly filled the stands of the Colosseum, cheering some names even before the start, but when it was Kazuya's time for his introductory speeches, the people fell into a deafening silence, before the roar of applause for their beloved King...a lot had changed in a half-year and hearing people hail G Corporation was one of the milestones achieved.

«Poor thing. They haven't understood the danger that looms over them in supporting a man like him...» Despite being the commander with the aim of maintaining the security of the tournament, Nina's words were clearly aimed at Kazuya in a disparaging tone «But you...you're definitely the Queen of fools, my dear Y/n.»

You tolerated her as usual, at least until this tournament came to an end, as you were forced to cooperate with her; when you saw the participants line up, your eye immediately went to Jin Kazama, as he glared hatefully at his father from afar...Hwoarang was there too and you saw him changed a lot since the last time.