十七 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙈𝙮 𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩

Kazuya took you to G Corporation, where there was a large staff of doctors ready to treat your injuries. Aside from a few patches on your face and some supplements, your condition was stable and you were released after regaining consciousness...instead, Kazuya's medical checks lasted the whole day.

Of course, he was quite a strong and resilient man. But like every human being, he also needed to heal and rest, after all he had lost a lot of energy during the fight.

You stayed thinking about what you had seen before, namely the appearance of Devil Kazuya; you weren't scared at first, but now that you thought about it better, he had become downright monstrous and you hoped it wouldn't happen again.

«But it didn't happen when I was with him, maybe it's something I could handle...»

You thought to yourself as you waited for some good news, sitting somewhere. Then, Anna Williams appeared and her expression became genuinely surprised.

«Here she is, the last survivor of the Mishima war...you should be proud of it.»

Honestly, you didn't know the reason for her enthusiasm, maybe because your thoughts revolved around Kazuya's health condition now. Anna stopped joking and sat next to you, lighting a cigarette.

«...why did you come back here?»

At that question, you kept your gaze fixed on the floor, with hands crossed on legs.

«I have nowhere to go, so what's the difference?» You said, looking seriously into her eyes, as if looking for justification. You were willing to go back to work in that place, but the brunette woman seemed not to be convinced by your words.

«It depends if that's what you want. Do you want to stay here for yourself, or for Kazuya?» She let out a puff of smoke after that and you played another round of silence. Now what were you done with revenge, you had to find a new purpose to follow...

«I've lost count of how many favors he's done for me.» You chuckled briefly, admitting that for the umpteenth time, you owed that man «I can repay by working here–»

«Well, there are faster ways to settle your bill, if you want to know...» You didn't like the malice in Anna's smile very much, having guessed what it was about and she seemed to be sure of it.

«'Course, she took overtime with her boss to say that with such ease...predictable.»

You thought, staring at the older woman as she walked away with her nearly finished cigarette, if she was Kazuya's lover, you certainly didn't want to become his second...if he wanted you, he had to tell the other geese to fuck off.

«What the hell I'm even thinking...»

«I'm leaving, gonna pay condolences to my dear sister.» Anna announced in a sarcastic tone, clearly referring to the death of her old boss, maybe they didn't hate each other that much.

«Take care of Mr. Saxobeat while I'm gone.»

You didn't answer and she walked away with that seductive walk of hers, catching the attention of the people around and you rolled your eyes, she was funny also with her acid character; later, the doctor warned you he needed to mark some documents that only you could take, as you had access to Kazuya's office.

In a way, it was like things stayed the same and part of it was good for you, if you could stop thinking about him all the time...

«I'm just worried about his condition, nothing more.»

You convinced yourself there was nothing else and for a moment, you thought you saw him there, standing in front of his desk in his usual command position...but when you got closer, you realized that someone else was actually there.