三 𝙒𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙏𝙪𝙧𝙣

The weeks continued to pass but the phone stayed silent. The call you should have been waiting for was late and to fight the tension, you decided to go to the gym after work, the same one where Ling Xiaoyu went to train; with the backpack on your shoulders and the headband pulling your hair back, you found that place as comfortable as if it were the old camp where your father used to train...and just like the old days, you went back to learning Aikido again.

Unlike Ling's Chinese martial arts of Hakke-Sho and Hika-Ken, your fighting style seemed to lean more towards defense than offense, so you were focused on training your reflexes.

«Woah, I didn't know you were so good at this!» She said when saw you simulating a series of combos on your own «You told me your father was an aikidoka, but not that you were too, why didn't you ever tell me?!»

«Because I'm not. I stopped doing it when I came to Tokyo seven years ago.» You answered by tightening the band, which had come loose on your forehead «But now I think it's time for a quick review, can you help me with that?»

Ling screamed enthusiastically, excited to be able to fight with you and immediately went into an attack position; she had no intention of holding back just because your were her best friend and with a calm expression, you knelt with your hands crossed in front of your chest...for a brief moment, Ling was confused by your vulnerable position, before unleashing a right arm attack.

A few seconds later, the reaction of the other people suggested that something had happened and unexpectedly, the girl with the black tails had been knocked down by the other one, using a simple move.

«H-how is that possible...how did you do!?!»

Ling was genuinely shocked, she couldn't believe she was beaten by someone who hadn't fought in a long time like you. Despite that, you didn't seem really happy with the result.

«Just a fluke, I still have a lot of practice to do.» You reached out a hand to help your friend up in the meantime «I think I'm not strong enough–»

«That's not true! You have an innate talent hidden somewhere, I can feel it.» Suddenly, the chinese protested grabbing both of your hands «And I'll be here to help you Y/n. Anytime

«Thank you Ling.» You smiled at that, relieved to be able to count on her during such a difficult period for you and although she had noticed it, she said nothing about your last meeting.

«I have to go now, finally Hwoarang finished fixing my bike.» You announced as you walked away from the gym to the locker room and the other snorted in amusement, in her opinion that red-head was a total idiot most of the time.

«Get ready, maybe he'll declare to you today hehe!» She gave you a mischievous wink, as you raised a questionable eyebrow «Come on, you know he's a crush on you!»

You didn't mind the idea that someone was interested in you, but Hwoarang was like a brother to you, besides not feeling the need to mess up in such affairs.

«I just know you use too much fantasy for my liking...»

You already had another one to take care of and sooner or later, it would come looking for you.

• ● •

You came straight home when you got your beloved motorbike. Sure, Hwoarang got high when he had seen you in his garage and your smile was enough to brighten his day, but you thanked him and made yourself available, if he needed of any help...just like Ling, he was another important person to you.

Later, you turned the key to open the door of your apartment. Nothing unusual, until you went into the kitchen and on the table, you saw a strange box.