十 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘾𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 (𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙄𝙄)

Your phone didn't stop ringing for the whole ride and this made you nervous. And when you saw your best friend's name on the screen, you closed your purse as if nothing had happened.

«Why don't you answer?» Suddenly, Kazuya's deep voice broke the silence, making you turn in his direction.

«Just my work colleague.» You said casually, but that fueled the older man's curiosity even if it wasn't true.

«You see, I work in a office...»

«Really? Then, you could be my secretary.» Kazuya surprised you once again with his response, though his eyes never left the view ahead. But you hadn't forgotten a detail about it.

«Well, I remember you were in sweet company the first time, with that beautiful woman with bob hair...» You insinuated, placing your gaze on the window «She seemed attached to you...is she your–»

«She is nobody.» Kazuya thundered coldly, as if the topic didn't interest him, but you hadn't forgotten the way that woman was peering at him over his shoulder...still, you hadn't noticed he was staring at you out of the corner of his eye.

«Jealous?»

Absolutely, you wanted to deny that, but it wouldn't have been worth the effort you were making to get closer to him; so, you curved your back forward, leaving him to just see half of your face uncovered by the raven mass.

«...shouldn't I be?»

Again, your gesture was confusing the other's ideas, who was focused on driving a hill, far from the town centre. You didn't know it yet, but he was taking you where no one else would bother, which was to his house.

You gasped when you saw it was really big. But beyond that, the building was right next to a lovely artificial lake and a vast green plain, most likely requested by the owner himself. Kazuya let out a chuckle of satisfaction at seeing you so disconcerted.

After that, he let you in first and of course, the inside space was even more beautiful than the outside, you had to admit he had good taste.

«H-how can you live alone inside this palace?!» You exclaimed with wide eyes and mouth, however without getting a particular reaction from the other, as he looked warily at his own house.

«I live most of my time in my office, so I don't come here often.» Kazuya explained as he ran a finger over a piece of furniture, discovering that there was a thin layer of dust «But I'll definitely fire that woman for this.»

You sighed at his usual rudeness. And as he was complaining about the poor cleaning, you walked towards a large living room, with a black sofa and a long table full of antiques on it.

But what caught your attention was a photo frame upside down.

«...is this your mother?» You asked without a problem, as you kept to study the couple in the image, a young woman with a child in a karate uniform «She's really beautiful.»

Kazuya hated when someone dared to meddle in his things without permission, but it wasn't the case with you and simply took the photo out of your hands to put it back in its place.

«I have no reason to talk about her right now.»

His coldness was no longer unknown to you, but still hurt to hear those words. Something told you she was no longer in this world, but even after years, you hadn't forgotten your own mother's smile...

«I'm very sorry. But like I told you before, I can't forget my family and the same goes for you...it's what keeps us going, after all.»

You were right, that was what made Kazuya Mishima the man everyone knew, powerful and vengeful...but then, why he was remembering peaceful moments because of this nosy girl?