十二 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘿𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙡'𝙨 𝙋𝙖𝙘𝙩

Your blood boiled with hatred towards that woman, suddenly shown up in your life to give you a chance. A chance that you decided to refuse, so as not to be exactly like her...a murderer.

«Any last wishes?» Nina Williams said in a mocking tone, surely it was fun for her to play with people like this and you no longer had saliva to spit in her face, unfortunately «I promise it will be quick and painless.»

You could close your eyes, but you didn't, you still wanted to see her ice-blue gaze, though the knife touched your throat until you bled a little. In that moment, you hoped for something to avoid the worst...

You didn't hear any noise. Yet, you had the feeling there was another presence besides you and Nina and also seemed to notice it, but too late, as a gun was already pointed at her temple.

«Mpf, why I'm not surprised you were involved in this?» It wasn't clear to you who that woman's voice belonged to, but she seemed to know your attacker very well «Always good to see you, sister

«Same goes for me.» Of course, that was a joke Nina didn't take kindly to the sight of her younger sister Anna «Let me guess...Kazuya sent you here?»

Anna's response was pulling the safety back to load the gun, annoyed at wasting any more time with the person she hated the most. But there, her eyes fell on you, still alive.

«I highly recommend you to walk away from this girl now.» Anna Williams warned the other woman, provoking her; Nina took a step back and as soon as she identified her sister, she rushed towards her.

«And you know how much I hate when someone meddles in my plans, Anna.»

The two sisters started to fight noisily and in front of your eyes, now free from the blonde's clutches; punches, kicks and bullets rang out inside your house, messing up the surrounding furniture and to your surprise, it was Anna who disarmed Nina.

«I have to admit, you have improved a lot my dear sis.» The latter burst out laughing in amusement, even though they were sisters, you noticed the looks of hatred they gave each other. Before the newcomer could reply, Nina broke the glass of the window and threw herself into the void to escape.

«Yes, run away, coward that you are!» Anna grimaced, as she raised her middle finger in the air victoriously «Hey, are you hurt somewhere?»

You nodded without putting too much faith in her words, until the woman came over to check for herself...apart from a few bruises and dried blood on your face, you had nothing serious.

«How did you know I was here?» You asked with a serious expression and keeping some distance from her, since you had already had the opportunity to get to know her in other guises «I mean, Reira never said where she lived–»

«I always knew you were Reira. You could fool a man with a sexy look, but not a woman...not me.» Anna smirked as she put her guns in the sheaths «About that, don't think you can get away with it so easily.»

You thought she was going to kill you, instead she invited you to follow her out; there, you got in a car with her at the wheel to head to G Corp headquarters, unaware of your fate.

«So, what made you not do it?» Anna asked you out of the blue, spying on you in the rearview mirror «Knowing Nina, she'll have offered you some reward. Why then?»

«Money wasn't what I'm interested in.» You answered after being silent for a while, clenching the fist you had on your knee «I felt, I wasn't doing the right thing...and later, I discovered Kazuya wasn't the culprit of my parents' death.»

The brunette listened to your every word with interest, but she thought you had another reason to do it and this made her inexplicably tense.

«I guess it was Jin Kazama who told you, not surprising since he worked with that old man...» Anna adjusted a pair of sunglasses on her face, a family habit apparently and you weren't understanding what she was getting at, especially when she referred to an "old man"; many things were still incomprehensible to you and partly, you hoped to find answers at the Millennium Tower...out of Kazuya Mishima's mouth.