一 𝘽𝙖𝙙 𝙂𝙖𝙢𝙚

Tokyo - 7 years later (22 years old):

The ringing of the bell made you turn towards the door.

«Follow me please!»

You welcomed your next customers before escorting them to their table. That evening was turning out to be quite promising and your smile just kept growing, when the restaurant peaked at dinnertime. Even though there were so many people and the phone didn't stop ringing, you managed both things and without getting distracted for a second; moreover, you were also able to satisfy a customer who needed an extra order or had an urgent request, since you had a perfect visual and auditory memory.

«Two plates of Spicy Roasted Gyoza! And bring two sparkling water to table thirteen and cutlery to table twenty, child doesn't eat with chopsticks!»

These were just some of the "orders" you gave to the rest of the crew, but you weren't really the boss of that place. You had tried other jobs before, but no one gave you good credit and when you jumped in this one three years ago, the old owner was immediately friendly and didn't hesitate to contact you to the waitress role the next day. Over time, you had been able to show your great adaptive skills both with customers and with your companions, without detracting from patience and constancy.

Although life had taken a lot from you in the past, you could give a lot to people and yourself. You hadn't forgotten, but you had taken a different path from the one you had chosen at the beginning, embarking on a long journey towards your own interests. And who knows, maybe also finding love...

«Thank you very much—!»

But your peace seemed close to extinguishing when you raised the head towards the TV screen on the wall. A group of armed men with black helmets were caught on camera with machine guns and there, you saw a familiar mark on their uniforms.

You nearly dropped the trays you were carrying.

«No. It can't be...»

It had been a while since you saw that "G". You didn't understand why killers like them were showing up in public, not after what they had done, until the TV moved to another subject...

There, an imposing man with a white suit and a menacing aura was walking in front of them as if he were being escorted, ignoring the reporters around who photographed him.

«Come on Y/n! What are you waiting for?»

Just then, your boss's voice made you go back to work, saving what you saw for later, now you knew that G thing represented some organization. Anyway, you just apologized to the older man for your behavior and returned to the kitchen, taking one last look at the television screen...

After years, you had finally found a lead.

«...you're not usually distracted Y/n, did something happen?»

Your boss called you to speak privately, just before closing and seemed worried, but you said everything was okay for you.

«I was just catching my breath sir, I think I exaggerated a bit with my enthusiasm today, hehe.»

The man smiled at that, he had to admit there were more people than expected and that made him more proud of himself. To the point he wanted to share an important decision with you and for you.

«From the first day you are here, you've always shown your full commitment and dedication in work that I haven't seen in a long time...and that's why I thought to promote you.»

You stayed silent, surprised by those words.

«I-I don't know what to say, do you mean that seriously?!» The old man nodded with a smile as you screamed inside with happiness, you had to admit that day was full of surprises for you.