𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐋.

- • ꕥ • -

"𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑠𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑠𝑓𝑖𝑒𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑑𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑒
𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑘 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒"
— 𝐩𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬

- • ꕥ • -

𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 Annabeth was going home to see her father, that Percy was leaving to find Sally, and that Grover was hoping to get his searcher's license. She stood by her bed, shoving clothes and other items into her backpack. Her hair was tucked neatly into a pink clip, a pair of jeans, vans and a cream sweater on her body, a vest giving her warmth. It would do her some good to get out of camp and go somewhere that wasn't flooded with memories of Luke.

        She would go to Chicago and find her brother. That was the most important thing for her to do. Then once she found him, Evangeline figured they would go home, see if their father was still around. Maybe they would travel around, get to know each other again. Evangeline was a kid when Noah was taken, but she wasn't a kid anymore. She hoped Noah would be proud of her.

        Evangeline hugged all of her brothers goodbye. Most of them were leaving for the summer to see their mortal fathers and families, a few were staying behind. She had to promise them that she would come back, especially Will. He knew her so well, and they had only spent a few weeks together as brother and sister. She hugged Alexander a little tighter, knowing she would miss him while he was home in Georgia.

        She hadn't told Chiron and Mr. D that she was leaving yet, and she didn't really want to have a discussion with them. Evangeline was almost eighteen and she had completed a dangerous quest successfully. She thought she was qualified enough to go find her brother, but she still had to run the idea past the camp directors. Both Chiron and Mr. D were standing in front of Cabin III with Percy, who was also preparing to leave.

        Mr. D suddenly tossed his arms up. "Ah, you know what? I don't actually care," he turned towards the lingering campers as Evangeline approached. "Okay! For those of you who are not staying for the full term...get out!" he shouted eccentrically. "You get out. Pack your bags. You're going home. Where do you think you're going, blondie?" Mr. D paused when he laid eyes on Evangeline, finger pointed at her in accusation.

        "Home." Evangeline shrugged, her usually shining blue eyes now dark and dule.

        "You don't have a home." Mr. D said bluntly, Chiron sighing deeply and turning around to face her.

        Evangeline rolled her eyes, stepping before the camp leaders. "My home is my brother, and because you two lied about the fact that he's been alive in the Underworld for six years, now I have to go get him." she said, still bitter over the fact that she was lied to.

        "Are you sure that's wise, Evangeline?" Chiron asked. He cared deeply for Evangeline, and he would never intentionally put her in harm's way.

        "Well, I'm no 'Wise Girl," Evangeline winked at Percy, who blushed in embarrassment. "But I have to find Noah. I can protect myself." the only reason Evangeline was able to defend herself was because of Luke, but she pushed that thought out of her mind.

        Mr. D rolled his eyes and walked away, leaving Chiron with Percy and Evangeline. "Take care of yourself." Chiron advised and Evangeline nodded.

        She had a lingering question that needed answering. "Chiron, does Aphrodite have other daughters? Hades hinted to multiple of us, and now I'm remembering that Clarisse did on my first day here. She said something about my sister Silena, and I ignored it then. Do you know anything?" Evangeline asked carefully, tucking her necklace into her shirt.