𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐈𝐈.

- • ꕥ • -

𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑣𝑖𝑐𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑖𝑠
𝑡𝑜 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓
— 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐨

- • ꕥ • -

𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐘, 𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 hid behind a tree with her sword in her hand, waiting for Clarisse's friend to turn her back. Glory came from winning, and once Evangeline stole the opposing team's flag, she would have all the glory she needed. Jane, daughter of Demeter didn't seem to notice Evangeline lurking behind the pine tree.

        Once Jane looked away, Evangline crept silently to the flag, taking it into her hand just as Jane turned around. "Evangeline. Clarisse told me not to go easy on you." Jane held a spear, pointing it towards Evangeline.

        Tilting her helmet up, Evangeline smiled. "Tell Clarisse you tried really hard." she raised her sword and split Jane's spear in two, causing her to surrender.

        Evangeline left Clarisse's base quickly before any of Ares' kids realized their flag was missing. She met up with the rest of her team, the smile on Luke's face lighting up the entire forest. "You did it. Your plan worked." Annabeth chuckled, looking at the flag.

        "Don't act so surprised." Evangeline pushed her sword into its helm, leading her team towards the beach.

Luke smiled at her, walking beside her as they met up with the rest of the blue team. The look on Clarisse's face when she saw that Evangeline had her flag was priceless and made Evangeline smile. Clarisse threw her spear, angry. "Congratulations to the winning team." Chiron said as he stood between the opposing teams.

The blue team started cheering and celebrating Evangeline's victory. "What is that?" Chris asked suddenly, stopping the celebration as he pointed to the blue sky.

        A flock of doves emerged from the sky, surrounding Evangeline on the edge of the lake. She dropped the flag she had taken as she watched the doves circle her. Aphrodite's doves. Chiron smiled. "You have been claimed by the goddess of love. Evangeline Clement, you are the forbidden daughter of Aphrodite." Chiron announced to the entire camp. One of the doves dropped a bracelet to the sand. Evangeline picked it up, moving it between her fingers. It was a pearl bracelet, with two small shells flanking one glowing pink heart.

        Aphrodite's sons began to move forward from behind Clarisse, but Luke stopped them firmly. He could tell that Evangeline didn't want to meet her brothers right then. The doves continued to circle her and Evangeline grew angry. "Really?" she shouted at the sky, ripping her helmet off of her head and throwing it to the ground. "That's all it took? Winning a stupid game?" Evangeline yelled.

        But she got no response from her mother and the doves flew away. Evangeline scoffed, throwing down the bracelet and stabbing her sword into the sand and storming away. "Evang—" Luke reached out to grasp her forearm but Evangeline pushed her boyfriend off, continuing to walk away.

        She needed time. Evangeline was angry that all her mother cared about was her winning a game. Glory. She thought Aphrodite, the goddess of love, would care about her only daughter more than she did. Evangeline knew she had to move cabins. So while everyone in Hermes, Athena and Apollo's cabins were celebrating their victory, Evangeline started packing.

        Annabeth managed to convince Luke to let Evangeline have some time alone. She didn't need to be bombarded by her boyfriend. Evangeline tossed all of her belongings into the backpack she had brought to camp with her five years ago. She looked around Cabin XI fondly. There were so many memories surrounding the building.