𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕.

- • ꕥ • -

"𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 𝑎 𝑠𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑒
𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑎𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘
— 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐨

- • ꕥ • -

𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒. 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 always tried to follow, even from a young age. But once she realized that the gods bred demigods to break rules that they themselves couldn't, she picked and choosed what rules to respect and what rules to ignore. Luke helped Evangeline become aware of that idea, as well as many other things he had acquired over the years. He taught her when she was a little twelve-year-old girl things that helped her survive her six years in camp.

        The pure and innate idea of love is what kept Evangeline going throughout the troubles she endured. All she had ever wanted was to love and be loved the way a pair of swans adored each other. She was determined to have a lasting relationship, completely unlike the one her father had with Noah's mother, and the one Aphrodite forced her father into. The way Scott Clement spoke of the two women he had children with was vile and disgusting and lived hauntingly in the back of Evangeline's mind whenever she thought of him.

        Luke was the complete opposite to Evangeline's father in every way, shape and form. He would never hurt her, physically or emotionally, and he would never betray her or lie to her over and over again. Evangeline loved Luke more than she could put into words, and she trusted him with her life, always and forever. She missed him, so much, and she was honestly nervous to see him again. It had been a taxing quest, and Evangeline didn't know what had been going on at camp.

        She just couldn't wait to be held by him again.

        Evangeline, Grover and Annabeth walked into Camp Half-Blood, tired, dirty, hungry and worried. As soon as they walked onto Half-Blood Hill Evangeline's breath hitched in her throat. Every time she came to the spot where Noah died and Arlo was attacked brought up the painful memories she had tried hard to repress. Evangeline gripped Noah's ring on her chain as the trio stepped into camp, and Evangeline felt like she was home.

        They walked through camp, immediately getting bombarded by demigods who were immensely surprised to see them and confused because Percy wasn't there. Evangeline and Annabeth laid eyes on Clarisse, the daughter of Ares glaring at Evangeline with harsh eyes. Evangeline met her eyes as she passed, and she was then wrapped up in a large hug by multiple pairs of arms in the middle of camp.

        Alex was the first one there, then Tyler, Will, Jamie, Steven, Freddie, Cooper and Thomas. The sons of Aphrodite had missed their sister a lot, partly because they had just gotten to know her, and also because their minds were tricked into believing she was their only sister. "Guys, I can't breathe." Evangeline chuckled, kissing Alex's head as her brothers broke away from her.

        "We missed you." Cooper smiled, his chestnut colored hair falling in his face.

        Evangeline brushed his hair away. "I missed you guys, too." she quickly began to scan the crowd of campers, trying to find Luke.

        A light smile came to Will's face. "He's at the lake." the oldest brother winked, and a small blush rose on Evangeline's cheeks.

        She hugged each of her brothers once more, said hello to Chris and her other friends, and slipped past Chiron and Mr. D talking to Annabeth and Grover on her way to see Luke. Evangeline walked through the forest and down to the shore of the lake, smiling when she saw Luke's back, and heard the sound of his sword sharpening. "Hey, handsome." she spoke, watching his figure instantly freeze up.