𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗.

- • ꕥ • -

"𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑖𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑤𝑖𝑠𝑑𝑜𝑚"
— 𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐲𝐥𝐮𝐬

- • ꕥ • -

"𝐖𝐇𝐎'𝐒 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑?" 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 asked, and Evangeline's heart sunk that he was forgetting things already. Annabeth pointed to an older satyr coming down an escalator. "Grover. I remember Grover. Man, Grover got really old. How long have we been here?" Percy said.

        Evangeline rolled her eyes. "That's not Grover, stupid." she pushed past him towards the satyr and Annabeth followed, rushing up to the man.

        "Hey! We're looking for our friend, a satyr. Have you seen him?" Annabeth's words made the satyr pause, stammering nervously.

        "Where is he? Wait!" the satyr turned and ran away, Percy, Evangeline and Annabeth splitting up to corner him. Based on his reaction, it was safe to assume he knew where Grover was.

        It was Evangeline who stumbled upon Grover while Percy questioned the satyr, Augustus. He and Annabeth found Evangeline watching Grover play a virtual game, unsure of what to do. "Not it." Evangeline said as Percy and Annabeth came up to her.

        Percy walked to Grover, Annabeth tugging Evangeline behind him. "Grover? Grover." Percy tapped Grover, but when that didn't work, he manually removed the headset from his face.

        Grover looked between the trio. "I was so close." he groaned, a whine in his voice.

        "I know, I hate it when someone does that to me. And I can't believe I'm the one saying this, but it's really time to go." Percy said, glancing at Evangeline and Annabeth.

        "Of course. Where are we going?" Grover asked excitedly.

        Evangeline sighed. "You don't know who we are, do you?" she asked, strands of blonde hair falling in her eyes.

        Grover shook his head. "Yeah. No, I don't. Have we met?" he stuck his hand out to Percy.

        Taking his hand, Percy directed it to himself, Annabeth and then Evangeline. "Percy. Annabeth. Eva. We're your best friends." he reminded the satyr.

        "Really?" Grover seemed surprised that he had friends like Percy was saying.

        Evangeline and Annabeth glanced sideways at each other and Percy sighed, getting Grover's attention. "Oh, boy. Grover, we're on a quest. We can't do this without you. We're short on time, and we gotta go. Right now." he took Grover by the shoulders and then released him.

        Grover smiled. "A quest?" he unzipped the jacket he was wearing. "That sounds amazing! But is it dangerous? It's not a deal-breaker, I'm just curious. Also, I'm sorry, what was your name again?" Grover asked Annabeth, who sighed and said nothing.

- • ꕥ • -

𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄'𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐘 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 sense of direction led the demigods to a parking garage where Hermes' car should've been parked. "Okay, god of travelers. What kind of car does the god of travelers have?" Percy wondered, holding the keys.

        "I think it's a taxi." Evangeline racked her brain for any time that Luke mentioned his father's mode of transporation.

        Annabeth scoffed. "There's no way it's a taxi." she brushed off Evangeline's statement.