𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈.

- • ꕥ • -

"𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑜" (𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑏𝑦𝑒)
— 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐠𝐞

- • ꕥ • -

𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐋𝐔𝐊𝐄 ended up in a random forest that Evangeline didn't recognize. As soon as her feet hit the ground she immediately pushed herself out of Luke's soft grip, breathing heavily. "Where the hell are we?" Evangeline panted with her back against a tree, eyes nervously flitting around her surroundings.

        Luke sighed, tossing his sword to the ground, running a hand through his curly hair. "That doesn't matter. I needed to talk to you, to explain everything." he said.

        Evangeline scoffed. "There's nothing to explain. You're working with Kronos, and you tried to kill me and Percy. Is that why you kidnapped me? Trying to finish the job?" Evangeline brushed away some of her stray blonde locks, blue eyes never leaving Luke.

        Ashamed, Luke turned to Evangeline. "You don't really think that, do you? After everything between us, you really think I'd resort to killing you?" the brunette asked, pulling off his camp necklace.

        "I don't know, Luke! All you've done is lie to me. I can't trust you." Evangeline shouted, determined to keep a large distance of space between her and Luke.

        "Angel—" Luke tried, stepping closer to the girl he had always loved, the girl he would always love.

        "No! You don't get to call me that anymore." Evangeline pushed herself back to be further from Luke.

        With a sigh, Luke held his hands up in surrender, staying away from Evangeline. "I only cursed the shoes so Kronos would get the bolt. It wasn't gonna hurt anyone. I cursed your necklace to throw you guys off the trail that it was me. I knew you wouldn't suspect me if the necklace I gave you tried to drag you into Tartarus. You wouldn't have gotten hurt, but I needed to protect you." he began to explain.

        Evangeline's eyes widened. "Protection? That's how you see it? In what world is sending me to Tartarus protecting me?" she posed, keeping a careful eye on her surroundings, trying to make sense of where Luke had taken her.

        "I didn't want you to know it was me. I wanted you to still be able to trust me. But I promise, you were never in danger. I brought you here to explain everything, to get you to come with me. I can't do this without you." Luke tried walking closer to Evangeline as he spoke, hoping she would understand.

        Evangeline picked up a twig and threw it at Luke's chest. "Stay away from me," she tucked her hair behind her ears. "You're gonna answer my questions, and you're gonna stay there the whole time." she ordered, pointing at the spot Luke was standing.

        Luke sighed, putting distance between him and Evangeline. "I'm not gonna hurt you. That's one thing I've never lied about." he said quietly.

        "How the hell did you steal the bolt and the helm?" Evangeline ignored Luke's statement and instantly started questioning him.

        "I snuck into the throne room on Olympus during the Winter Solstice." Luke shrugged, his hands resting on his hips.

        Evangeline wasn't suspecting such a direct response. "When? I was with you the whole time." her back found the comfort of another tree, arms crossed over her chest.

        "You and Will were talking to Artemis. I stole the bolt and the helm and you didn't suspect anything." Luke said, and Evangeline rolled her eyes.