𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐕.

- • ꕥ • -

"𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑒𝑐ℎ 𝑖𝑠 𝑣𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑒𝑚𝑝𝑡𝑦 𝑢𝑛𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑐𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑝𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑦 𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛"
— 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬

- • ꕥ • -

𝒀𝑶𝑼𝑵𝑮, 𝑵𝑨𝑰𝑽𝑬, 𝑨𝑵𝑫 innocent Evangeline Rosetta Clement had no idea how a flock of doves and a rose bush had suddenly attacked her classmate, Sarah. Arlo was panicking, something satyr Protectors weren't supposed to do as he tried to get Evangeline out of the museum as quickly as possible. "Angie, come on. We've got to go!" Arlo pulled on Evangeline's arm as a large crowd gathered around a screaming Sarah.

"What did I do? Arlo, how is that possible?" Evangeline asked frantically, tossing away her work packet as Arlo tugged her away.

"I'll explain later. Just hurry." Arlo pleaded, trying to avoid seeing Mrs. Lark, who he identified as one of the Furies.

"No, Arlo! Explain now." Evangeline shouted, breaking free from Arlo's grip, panting.

An even larger crowd of students, teachers and bystanders surrounded poor Sarah. Arlo was panting, his eyes circling the museum. "There's no time. We have to get to Noah." he tried to grab Evangeline again but she stopped him.

"What does Noah have to do with this?" Evangeline asked, freezing as Mrs. Lark came over to her.

"We knew we'd find you, demigod." Tisiphone sneered.

"Arlo, do you hear her?" Evangeline asked, beginning to back away.

"No, but I believe you. It's too much for me to explain now. Let's go!" Arlo pushed Evangeline toward the museum exit, and this time she didn't fight him on it.

But a loud screech stopped Evangeline and Arlo in their tracks. Mrs. Lark transformed into a blue winged creature, teeth razor sharp, flying into the air. Evangeline screamed. What else was she supposed to do? Eyes in the museum snapped to her at her sudden noise. She and Arlo were the only ones seeing the scene in front of them, but Evangeline didn't know that yet. "What is that?" Evangeline shouted to Arlo as he turned her around and pushed her away from Tisiphone.

"A Fury!" Arlo answered, he and Evangeline dodging adults and medical personel as they tried to escape the clutter of the museum.

"What's a Fury, Arlo?" Evangeline ran into a man and apologized quickly, following after Arlo again.

Before Arlo could mutter out a vague response, voices belonging to police officers followed them over Tisiphone flying after them. "You there! Stop!" an officer yelled at Evangeline and she whipped around, her braids flying in her face.

Once again, Arlo pulled a distracted Evangeline away. "They think I hurt Sarah?" Evangeline asked, breathing heavily from running and evading adults.

"You did! Duck!" Arlo pushed Evangeline down and a large blast from Tisiphone visible only to them shot over their heads.

"Is this a dream? Tell me it's a dream." Evangeline almost begged, standing up and shrugging her backpack further onto her shoulders.

Tisiphone screeched, preparing to shoot them again. Thinking on her feet, Evangeline grabbed a historical arrow, pushing Arlo to the ground and launching the arrow at Tisiphone, the Fury wailing at the sharp end lodged into her leg. "How did you do that?" Arlo panted, pulling himself onto his feet.