Chapter 21 - Hole in the fabric

Meanwhile in the sewer Lair...

🟡 - "WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY'RE BOTH GONE?!?"

🔴 - "I-I don't know!! Donnie was supposed to be checking up on Milo on medbay but they aren't there and I can't find them anywhere!!!"

🔵 - "How did they just leave without anyone noticing?!"

🟡 - "Where were you when this happened??"

🔵 - "Excuse me?! I was in the bathroom taking a well deserved bath after all that stress!"

🔴 - "Ok ok, we need to think, Milo's ankle shouldn't get him far, but where would Donnie take Milo?"

🟡 - "Oh no... this is bad, this is REALLY bad! What if he's taking him back to Kendra?!?"

🔵 - "And.... why is that a bad thing again??"

🟡 - "BECAUSE Milo and her are not in good terms, if it got so bad he ran away from home then it should give ya a hint that shit hit the fan, this sort of thing needs to be resolved naturally not forced onto, we don't know what Kendra could do to Milo if he comes back to her."

🔴 - "How are you so sure she's bitter about him? She seemed genuinely worried about Milo when we met her on the way home."

🟡 - "She's unpredictable! Maybe she was being manipulative, maybe she was just upset because one of her 'possessions' went missing, or even if she WAS concerned, she could just turn around and have a crazy mood swing that'll make her hate him again."

🔵 - "Are you saying that 'cause you don't like her or because that's what she did and does to you?" Leo said almost bluntly

🟡 - "Urgh! Whatever, if you don't wanna help me find them, don't come, but I won't stand by while that purple haired witch crushes the heart of that poor boy."

🔴 - "I still think we should think this through."

🟡 - "Smell ya later."

April grabbed her bag and rushed out of there, Leo and Raph had to follow along to make sure she would not get in trouble, April has a pretty stern image of Kendra in her mind, she doesn't want nor feel like she can trust that girl with Milo's emotional state, she believes that the sittuation that the two siblings are in must be really horrible, not considering Milo's lack of social knowledge or experience or the possibility that this could be some kind of misunderstanding, she wants to stop Kendra from hurting Milo, something she knows Kendra is able to do almost unapologetically, Milo was a great guy, probably an even better brother, April couldn't shake the feeling that she caused that rift in between them, that Kendra might grow to hate her brother because of her, which would most definitely shatter Milo's spirit.

Leo and Raph tried to follow right behind, enjoying the sittuation to get a look around the areas they passed through to try and find their brothers, but as much as they scanned, they couldn't find them anywhere, finally, April reached Kendra's house and was about to approach it to search for Milo, but Raph and Leo started trying to stop her, but in the end, Kendra heard the comotion and went outside.

💜 - "What the heck are you doing here?! What do you street bums want?"

🟡 - "Where is Milo?!"

💜 - "My brother...? Well, YOU tell me, you are all hiding him, aren't you?!"

🔵 - "Oh yeah? What makes you think that?"

💜 - "I can see his glasses on your hoodie's pocket, sucker."

🔵 - "Oh... crap."

🟡 - "What will you do to him?"

💜 - "What did you just say?"

🟡 - "What are you planning to do to him, you wicked frog."

🔴 - "April! Chill out!"

💜 - "Oh! So that's how it's gonna be, huh? Fine! Once he's back, I'll get him to quit high-school, he'll be homeschooled again and I won't let any of you get near him ever again!"

🔵 - "Wait, what?!"

🟡 - "Like hell you will, you need to be put in your place and respect your brother instead of treating him like a glorified butler!"

💜 - "You don't even know what you're talking about! I never lacked love or respect towards Milo until HE went behind my back to hang out with a lowlife like you and he'll be damned if he thinks he can backstab me like that!"

🟡 - "He just wanted to sort out the conflict that YOU started!"

💜 - "You mean the conflict DONATELLO caused!"

🟡 - "If you two just rew a pair and stopped acting like children, none of this would have happened!!"

💜 - "Well that's rich coming from YOU, O'Neil."

🟡 - "Who are you to say anything?! Your fighting with Donnie caused the building to collapse, you both started it all!"

💜 - "Are you an idiot or are you just trying really hard to be one? The only thing that damaged the building that day was your little nerd friend throwing a hissy fit over MY brother winning that damn competition, check your facts before throwing accusations, black lily!"

🟡 - "Whatever the cause was! You're the one in the wrong for treating Milo that way! If you cared for him half as much as you claim to do, you wouldn't have let your own damn father spit on your brother's heart like that!"

💜 - "HEY!! MY family problems are none of your fucking bussiness, ok?! At least I have two parents at home!"

🟡 - "Oh yeah?! At least my only parent loves me and cares about me above all else, can you say the same for you dad or your step-mommy?"

April said this phrase in such a condensing way that even caught Kendra off guard, the glanced down for a second with tears forming in her eyes as April realizes what she did, but before she could apologize, Kendra ran back into her house, forgetting the door open and allowing April access inside, Raph was well about to rush in as well to follow the two but Leo stopped him and pointed to a window of the big house, there were more humans in there, so they had to be discreet, the two blended in with the shadows and climbed the back of the building to search for the room where April assumes he must be in, Leo also pulls out his phone and starts giving Donnie a ring, his older bro wasn't picking up for a while, but maybe he would this time?