Chapter 20 - Bio connections

After a few minutes of bonding, Donnie sneaks Milo out of the Lair for some pizza in the Hidden City, it was the first time Milo has ever went of this place, all he knew was that it was a magic place with magic people called yokais, and he only ever heard about this through his older sister because she went there not very long ago to get him a disguise gemstone so he could go to highschool with her, but as always, he never pressed her for info or an explanation, he never needed any comfirmation that such a place would exist, or even question anything Kendra would say to him, if there was nothing to contradict Kendra's statements, Milo would just assume it was completely truth.

The experience with Donnie was wonderful to Milo, to see a brand new place and experience it for the fullest without needing to cling onto someone at all times for help or guidance, Donnie is not very savvy with magic, so he can't do much but explain the basics of the basics to his little brother and let him figure the rest out for himself, and this was freeing to Milo, to have autonomy and indepedence over his own learning process, it was a development of his own, and Milo felt good about it, to go around with Donnie and explore the place however felt right to him.

Donatello, noticing Milo's intense interest on the city, decided to give him a little tour around before going to eat, he watched Milo's eyes light up with curiosity and excitement at every thing he sees, it was amusing to watch Milo analyze his surroundings so eagerly, Donnie even found himself following Milo's research, it was indeed an amazing job he was doing for such a "young" mind, Donnie was pleasantly surprised to find out how skilled and interested Milo can be when it comes to learning, it seems like a such a waste that a brain with so much potential is being held back by someone like Kendra, who, to him, seems to hold back her own "sibling" just to look cool and constantly makes sure that he relies or depends on her in some way, this can't be a healthy dynamic.

After a long time of learning and exploring, Donnie finally gets Milo to go to Hueso's pizza place and show him around the place before ordering them both a marguerita pizza, nothing feels better to them than a nice and hot pizza with cheese, tomatos and basil on top of the best textured sauce in the world, everything about it seems perfect, this is the first time Donnie has ordered a pizza by himself, for himself, with the confidence that Milo will like it too, and he DOES, he's very open to stuff, he likes that flavor of pizza and wants to try out something slightly different.

This dough is different from his usual, it's softer and fluffy, though it's not very tall, but it tastes nice, the sauce is not as chunky as he was used to, but the amazing taste totally makes up for it, the cheese is also great, it's less greasy and undersalted than the one used on the pizza he and his sister usually have, the tomatos almost come undone in his mouth, giving a pleasant sensation when he eats it, the basil is very less dry and is a lot more tasty now, Milo never felt better for giving a chance to something new, Hueso's pizza was far better the pizzas he's been eating from humans, maybe it was some sort of magic, can yokai make magic pizza?

🟣 - "So.... Milo... what do you plan to do after you get back to your sister?"

🟠 - "I dunno... I don't really want to go home, nor deal with my dad, it's not like he cares about me anyway."

🟣 - "Excuse me, what??"

🟠 - "He said it himself, to him, I'm still just the family pet... I mean, I get his point, I always felt like he... well, it makes sense to me, I kinda knew he felt that way, I just never expected him to actually say it, you know?"

🟣 - "WTF do you mean by that?!"

🟠 - "He just... never treated me very... fatherly..? I don't now how to put it..."

🟣 - "And you family never had anything to say about it??"

🟠 - "He's not a good dad in general, no one can really tell he was being a bad father with me specifically if he's already a bad father with both his children as well, he's very neglectful too, I guess the lack of communication and contact with him is what lead me to not realize that sooner."

🟣 - "My god... this sucks..."

🟠 - "Tell me about it, but I gotta say, hanging out with you guys has been a a pretty fresh breath of air for me, thanks for that."

🟣 - "You're welcome.... how's the pizza?"

🟠 - *sigh* "It's honestly marvelous~."

🟣 - "Good to hear! I wish I could order this beauty more often or with my brothers."

🟠 - "Really? Do they don't like marguerita?"

🟣 - "Kinda, Leo is not a big fan of tomatos on pizza, Raph thinks it lacks meat, and when I want to order this pizza they don't even try to pretend to be excited."

🟠 - "I see, well, just because someone has no taste it doesn't immediately mean they suck as people, right?"

🟣 - "No, of course not, but it can be frustrating, I always have to get this pizza on my own, it's annoying."

🟠 - "I think I get it, is it nice to share this moment with me? Even if we don't have the same level of bonding as the one you have with Raph and Leo?"

🟣 - ".... I... I guesss so..."

🟠 - "I know you just tried to avoid the emotionalism, but I really just wanted to let you know how appreciate this." 

🟣 - "You're bringing this up just to toy with me, aren't you?"

🟠 - "Yep."

🟣 - "You nagging little gremlin."

🟠 - "Heheheh."

🟣 - "Fine, I will admit though, your company is quite very pleasant."

🟠 - "So is yours, I'm having a lot of fun here with you."

🟣 - "Thank you very much, I'm enjoying expending some time with you, you're a very interesting fellow."

🟠 - "Thanks, I just noticed, you talk funny."

🟣 - "Whatever do you mean? Are you, perhaps, reffering to my intelectual vocabulary?~" Donnie said jokingly

🟠 - "Well, I am indeed, your dialect is rather fascinating." Milo joked along

🟣 - "I am greatly greatful for your compliment."

🟠 - :)