Chapter 17 - Needed Assistance

Milo was asleep for about 40 minutes, resting on the couch like a lazy puppy, meanwhile, Kendra and Jason were out in the streets looking for him, Kendra was almost crying already, she never regreted something she said before, she's worried sick, her baby brother forgot to take his phone and she didn't have any way to reach out to him, Jason is focused on finding his brother but he also has to deal with Kendra's emotional distress, which is hard for him, that was usually Milo's thing, Jason is not very good with emotions, let alone managing them, Kendra is on the verge of breaking down and Jason has no idea what to do.

While the two step-siblings searched for Milo everywhere they could, they end up stumbling with two familiar faces, Donatello and Raphael Hamato, who were just leaving a random store nearby, the two duos were not exactly in good terms, so the turtle brothers try to simply walk the other way to avoid dealing with them, but the conflic gets to them when Kendra grabs Donnie by the wrist and pulls him back violently.

💜 - "YOU!!"

🔴 - "Donnie!!"

👓 - "KENDRA!! WHAT THE HECK, GET OFF HIM!!!"

🟣 - "LET GO OF ME YOU PSYCHOPATH!!!"

💜 - "YOU TOOK HIM, DIDN'T YOU?!?!! WHERE IS HE?!"

🟣 - "What the shell are you talking about?!"

👓 - "Im sorry, I'm so sorry!! It's just that Milo ran off and we_"

🟣 - "MY BROTHER WENT MISSING?!"

💜 - "MY brother!!"

🔴 - "Wait, the little guy's gone?!? Where'd he go?"

💜 - "YOU TELL ME!"

👓 - "Kendra, stop that! They don't have him!"

💜 - "HE WENT AS FAR AS LEAVING HIS CELLPHONE AND WALLET AT HOME!!"

🟣 - "How on Earth would we... we... we have to find him."

🔴 - "What?"

🟣 - "Come on, Raphala. We gotta go."

🔴 - "Wha.. uh... sure, b-bye purple dragons."

Donnie got a hold of Raph's hand and the two just rush out of there, seemingly ignoring Kendra and Jason's squabble about some nonsense, the two make their way into the sewers and from there, they slow their pace to a normal walk, Donnie was just so annoyed, he didn't ant to deal with any of that right now, meanwhile Raph was worried about Milo, when he heard that he ran away from his home, his older brother senses starting getting triggered, he was very concerned.

🔴 - "Hey, Donnie?"

🟣 - "Yeah?"

🔴 - "Do you know something about where the little guy could be?"

🟣 - "Huh? No, no idea. I'll look into it. Why?"

🔴 - "I have a bad feeling about it, what if he's in trouble?"

🟣 - "Uh... I don't know, what else do you want ME to do?"

🔴 - "N-nothing, I'm just... I mean, he's still our brother, right?"

🟣 - "He hates our guts, Raph. What do you mean?!"

🔴 - "Ours? Doesn't he only have a beef with YOU?"

🟣 - "Uh... I mean... yeah, but..."

🔴 - "*sigh* Look, I get it, you have a bone to pick with him and his sister, but there's no need to be so mean about it."

🟣 - "I... guess.... sorry."

🔴 - "It's fine, I'm just worried about him, she said he left all his stuff at home, that's concerning, isn't?"

🟣 - "Yeah... that will make it harder to find him."

🔴 - "Wait, so... you'll really go through with the searching?"

🟣 - "Of course, I'll do what I can, we have to be soon before something happens to him, he's a sheltered kid, he can be an easy target for predators, so we better hurry. You deal with whatever Leo has it coming, I'll be busy."

🔴 - "Oh yeah, I wonder what's that all about, any guesses?"

🟣 - "He probably broke something in the house and needs our help to fix it."

🔴 - "Sounds like something he'd pull, but really, he sounded very serious."

🟣 - "I know, very unlike his usual self, but that could mean that whatever he did has put high stakes for him to face, therefore making his need for help way more necessary in his eyes and we, as his older brothers and main source of support, are the ones he calls upon to not get in conflict with our dear but irritable Papa."

🔴 - "... ?"

🟣 - "... Maybe he screwed things up and called us to not ge in trouble with dad."

🔴 - "Oh, right, heheh."

🟣 - "He better not have broken one of my stuff."

🔴 - "Hahah, I hope so."

🟣 - "He probably messed up dad's chair or something."

🔴 - "Yeah, I hope he's not hurt."

🟣 - "Nah, he's a dumb-dumb but not that much.... I assume... but I could be wrong."

🔴 - "Hah, you know Dee, dad's right, you are the funny one.

🟣 - "Thank you, dear brother, my humor really is something MANY would envy."

🔴 - "Yeah... oh, we're here."

🟣 - "Leo, we're home!"

🟣🔴 - "...."

🔴 - "Huh... strange."

Donnie and Raph entered the Lair and looked around, searching for Leonardo, while Raphael headed to the other room, Donatello went to the living room to have some rest and wait for his name to be called over for whatever he might be needed for, but when he got there and faced the couch, he found something, he found Milo, laying there fast asleep with a very bruised ankle, Donnie froze, noreaction, just shock, he was processing what he was witnessing and trying to figure out what he should do about it, but before he could do anything, Leo rushed into the room visibly worried.

🟣 - "Leo... what the heck is this?" Donnie asked in frustrated whispers to not wake up Milo

🔵 - "Look, look, listen, I can explain." Leo answered whispering too

🟣 - "You better."

🔵 - "He was injured in an alley, April and I just... happened to be passing by when we heard him scream, I thought he was being attacked but he said he just had an accident."

🟣 - "Does this 'accident' relate to his awfully bruised ankle?"

🔵 - "Yes, he said he slipped on the floor and twisted it, but then he tried fix it and... well..."

🟣 - "HE DISLOCATED HIS OWN FOOT?!?!"

🔵 - "SHHHHHHHH!! SHHHHH! SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

🟣 - "How... urgh! What did you do then?"

🔵 - "I put the foot back in place and brought him here, he fell asleep on the way, and then I called you."

🟣 - "Sweet Galileo... ok, ok, I think I can run a quick check once he wakes up."

🔴 - "GUYS!!! GUUUYYSSS!! OH GOSH, THERE YOU ARE!!" 

Raph stormed into the room yelling for his brothers, breaking the whispering match between Leo and Donnie, who tried to prevent him from doing so by signing him to stop and waving his arms, but it was too late, the loud noise startled Milo awake, he got up in a blink, panicked and confused, eyes wide and scared as the three brothers stared at him in shock, he hurt his ankle and Leo immediately went to assist him, Donnie and Raph looked at eachother and then at their younger brothers.

🔵 - "Look, I know what you guys are thinking, but before you scold me, can we just help him out first?"

🟣 - "..." Donnie was puzzled, he turned to Raph for guidance

🔴 - "Well uh... sure, but we WILL talk about this later, ok?"

🔵 - *nods*