Chapter 4 - Meeting the new kid

It wednesday, April is running as fast as she possibly can to get in school on time, she doesn't want to be late on her first week and she is already in the top of the clock, she hardly made it on time but she arrived at the classroom before the bell rang, she sat down at her table and started to look around the class, and her eyes caught the sight of Kendra's brother, he's sitting besides his older sister apparently sketching a new science project, just by looking at them she could tell they were very close, they really were like Ying and Yang, polar opposites but in perfect balance, Kendra usually despises touch but with him... they were basically resting themselves on eachother so closely their cheeks were touching, it was quite a shocking scene, she had no problem whatsoever with basically using him as a pillow to sleep during class or even to carry her around for fun.

As soon as the teacher walks into the class the students quickly go back to their seats and wait for the classes to be over, a long time later, lunch time arrived and all the classmates rushed out of the room, so did April, until she realized she forgot her lunch money on her backpack, she walked defeated to the classroom and there she met with Milo, that forgot his lunchbox and his friends's, she starts to chat with him, Milo was very friendly and the conversation went smoothly.

Milo was a bit taller than her, black and kinda wavy hair, wore round glasses, dressed casually + his hoodie, a caramel like skin with some freckles of lighter tone, he had a kind face and a lovely personality, such a nice guy to be around, they have a cool talk for a moment before he rushes out to hand over the lunchboxes his friends, but not before she gave him her phone number writen down on a piece of paper, he puts it into his pocket and goes off to the rooftop to meet his friends.

At the end of the day, April was going back into the sewers for another movie night / sleepover, when she stumbled upon someone, it was Sunita, a friend of hers she met through the turtles at their favorite pizzeria, Sunita was in her human disguise going to some arcade restaurant nearby and invites April to go with her, she doesn't think twice and says yes, on the way there she pulls out her phone and message the boys saying she'll be late tonight, Donatello is the first one to reply and asks her if she wants him to pick her up later, April doesn't mind it so they settle the pick up in 3 hours, the girls arrive in the place and spend some good quality time with eachother.

While they were blasting some moves on a dancing game, the Purple Dragons entered the arcade, their cool attitude stole the eyes of everybody in the room, same for April and Sunita who quickly lost the game after losing focus, the Purple Dragons sat down at a table and made an order to the waiter, Milo and Jeremy went to play some games while Kendra and Jason discussed about some experiments with tech they've been doing recently, Sunita can't help but notice that April is kind of starting at Kendra, not in a good way tho.

🟢- "Uhhhh, do you know that girl? With pinkish hair?"

🟡- "....Oh! What? Oh, yeah, yeah, I uhhh... used to be kinda friends with her but... idk, I think her massive brain needed some room to grow, so it threw away her heart or something, or maybe she just lost interest on me."

🟢- "Wow, that's... rough, are you ok?"

🟡- "Yeah, I grew out of it."

After that, the girls got themselves a table for 2 and ordered some juice, Sunita was looking around the place until her eyes locked on the two Purple Dragons members that were rocking up on the "Wack a mole" game, she noticed something odd about the shorter one, an odd wristband slippingout through his sleeve, with a little gemstone attached to it, she felt something familiar, that stone... is just like the one in her brooch! IT'S A DISGUISE GEM!! IS HE A YOKAI TOO?? SHOULD SHE ASK HIM? WOULD THAT BE WEIRD? AAAAAAAAHHH!!!

🟡- "Hey? Sunita? Hey! Are you alright? The drinks are here."

🟢- "W-what?! Oh y-yeah, I'm ok, just uhhh... distracted, sorry!"

🟡- "Okay....?"

That awkward moment soon faded away after April received a text, it was Donnie, saying he's on his way, they get up from the table, pay the bill and wait for the ride that's coming, Sunita decides to wait with April so she won't be alone.

🟡- "So... Sunny... Did you fell for someone?~"

🟢- "Huh?"

🟡- "I saw you glaring at that boy from the Purple Dragons~"

🟢- "Oh! That! No, not really, I just couldn't help but notice that he might be a Yokai, y'know, the disguise gemstone and all."

🟡- "Oh yeah, baby! I knew you were.... wait WHAT!!?"

Before any word could by added to the debate, the turtle tank arrived in a rush and April was persuaded to get inside or they'll be late to watch the new Jupiter Jim movie on live TV, she had to leave Sunita with a bunch of questions stuck in her head, and they drove off, a couple minutes later, the Purple Dragons left the place with two exhausted dumb-dumbs and a bag of leftovers, Jeremy took a taxi home and the 3 siblings went home on foot, it wasn't a long walk, but it was long enough to make milo fall asleep, in the end, they had to sit by a bus stop and wait until Milo woke up, he was the heavier sleeper in history, no noise was good enough to wake him up and he was a bit too heavy to carry all the way, but the break was good, as soon as they all sat down on the bench under a roof, rain started pouring down from the sky, so... this time, Milo got a pass for the incovinient nap since it kept them from getting wet.

Back in the sewers, the Mad Dogz were watching the Jupiter Jim movie, but April couldn' fully pay attention to the film, she doesn't know if she should tell her brother like figures about her friend's possible discovery, or if she should investigate it on her own, or maybe... idk, she's troubled, what if he's a bad guy? Or what if he IS just a nice guy after all and she is the paranoic one? Is he actually Kendra's brother? Is he being mind-controlled? But what if Sunita is wrong? maybe he's just a normal human dude, a normal human dude that may or may not have a powerful Yokai artifact tied around his wrist and not really know what it is, but if that's the case... shouldn't she tell the others just in case? I mean... there's always the possibility of something bad happening.... but then.... what should she do?

(find out in the next chapter!)