Chapter 8 - School date

Now, it's a Thursday morning, Milo and Kendra are preparing for school and Milo is struggling to put on his clothes because of the immobilizator plaster he has on his arm, Kendra obviously laughs herself off when her little brother gets stuck on his t-shirt, unable to free himself from that 100% cotton prison, she still giggles a bit while she helps him put on his clothes properly, Jason soon walks in their room without knocking, which is a capital sin and a crime worth a death sentence to them, and so they act accordingly and start to shout at him and begin to chase him down the house pretending to want to kill him, screaming and playing around to mock him, the parents are already out at that hour so they could practically do whatever they wanted, with no supervision or some one to look after them.

After some minutes of getting ready, the three siblings head out to school, but not before picking up Jeremy on the bus stop where he waits for his friends to go to school together, after getting the fourth member of the Purple Dragons, the group runs to school to not get late and the main gates don't close, from there on, the day followed as usual, nothing out of the ordinary, they went to school, had a bunch of classes, messed around the classroom, everything normal so far, until lunchtime, Kendra and Milo head to the rooftop to eat their food, but soon later, they meet a familiar face once more, it's Donatello and April, but they are not alone, the brought two other mutant turtles with them, a big and buff one and a more sportive looking one, they approached them with apperantelly harmless intentions, just wanting to talk, but the two siblings are not having any of that.

The four Hamato siblings are trying to find a peaceful way to solve their problems, but they didn't want to hear about that, Milo is scared, hiding behind his big sister, not wanting to be seen or interacted with, the turtles try to reach out to the disguised turtle but Kendra sees this and starts to get violent with them and the others start to reciprocate the aggressiveness against her, Milo began to shake out of fear and acted out on impulse and stepped up between them, crying and begging them to please stop screaming.

The guilt hits hard, it hurts the brothers a bit, but Milo gets some confident off his chest and stands out his arm, trying to make himself look bigger and intimidating to protect his sister from the danger, trying to act like a shield that will block any attack.

🟠 - "You got some guts to come to me in my own school after what you've done! It seems like that tin-head of a drone you made didn't quite sent the message, I don't trust you, nor do I want to even be around you or your family! I won that race fair and square and you responded with tearing down the building on top of me and my big sister!! YOU'RE NUTS!!! And even after injuring the both of us and putting our friends in danger you have the courage to follow me to school to corner me into being friends with you!!? And you even brought back up! I don't know what sort of sick-o raised you, but I can really tell that this stupid idea of yours was one of the worst moves to make, BRO! How can someone as old as you be so immature!?!"

🟣 - "Okkkkaaaayyyy, first of all, I am not that much older than you, it's just one year at best."

🟠 - "Then why do you act like a 5 year old!!?! Seriously?! you're a short-tempered, pushy, childish, egocentric, SELFISH PICE OF_"

💜 - "MILO!! LANGUAGE!!!"

🟠 - "Sorry, I got carried away."

🔴 - "Look, I am so very sorry for what my younger brother did, I had no idea he had done such a thing, and I am so awfully sorry about this whole situation."

🟣 - "Situation?"

🔵 - "Donnie, you did't told us you nearly killed him. No wonder he hates us!"

🟣 - "Oh shut it, Nardo."

🟠 - "Look, I don't... hate you.... but I don't like you neither."

🔴 - "Really?"

🟠 - "Yeah, but don't get the wrong idea, I have no intension of being friends with you."

He says in a loud and brave voice.

🔴 - "I... I understand."

With these words, the conversation basically ended, after more apologies from Raph and Donnie and some proper goodbyes, the brothers take their leave, Raph is embarrassed for what just happened and a little upset for being rejected by a little sibling, Donnie is humiliated and defeated, trying to process what just happened, Leo is a bit numb to it honestly, he didn't care much, he wasn't even sure if he wanted another brother, and losing his place as the youngest child to a stranger? No way! the brothers leave the school and head to the sewers, April goes with them, feeling guilty for playing a hand in this disaster whe she helped Donatello, Milo felt bad about roasting his biological family, but he kept his stand because it seemed like he was in the right he had a point, he had a reason, and his sister was relieved and satisfied, so it was probally fine.

Kendra never saw her little brother with such fire in his eyes, he sounded really angry, furious even, she felt a bit of a chill going down her spine after seeing a fraction of her brother's wrath, Jason and Jeremy arrive to the area after stalking on the scene, also frighten by Milo's rage, seems like being a mutant reptile has it's perks to make almost everything scary he does even more threatening, Milo does admit to feel sick for doing that, it was mean and he feels like this argument was a bit over the top, but his friends remind his that those guys had it coming, this makes him feel a little bit better, but he cheers up for good when all of them offer to share lunches since each one of them brought something good for lunch, and nothing cheers him up more than delicious food.

They make a little picnic and decide to cut class to hang out together on the roof for a while more, they manage to sneak out of school and spend the rest of  the day at Jeremy's place, playing some video games, eating some snacks, just enjoying their time with their friends.