Chapter 14 - Giving a cold shoulder

"Milo!?..."

"Milo....."

"Milo? You're awake?...."

🟠 - "H.... huh? Who's there?....."

👓 - "It's me, man. Jason. You're alright there?"

🟠 - "Ah... hey J. What's up?"

👓 - "Uh... fine, I guess... You?"

🟠 - "I'll survive."

👓 - "Ok... why are you sleeping on the couch?"

🟠 - "I did something that pissed off Kendra and she kicked me out of the room."

👓 - "Wow... she's mad at you?! I didn't thought that was possible, but why didn't you slept in my room instead?"

🟠 - "I suggested that, but it pissed her even more."

👓 - "Woah... what did you do?"

🟠 - "You know April O'Neil?"

👓 - "The girl Kendra has a beef with?"

🟠 - "Yup."

👓 - "Oooooooohhh, geez... you didn't..."

🟠 - "She asked me out yesterday and I went to talk with her about the whole... you know.... Donatello thing."

👓 - "Eek, she found out?"

🟠 - "She stalked us the whole time apparently, when we got home, I tried talking to her but... you know her, right?"

👓 - "She was livid, wasn't she?"

🟠 - "For a moment, I thought she'd beat me up."

👓 - "Oof..... that's rough, buddy."

🟠 - "Yeah, I noticed..."

👓 - "Woah woah!! Are you crying?!"

🟠 - "Sorry, I... it's just that she never yelled at me like that before so I..."

👓 - "No, no, no, I understand... do you... uh... want a hug... or something?"

🟠 - *nods*

👓 - "Come here, Milo. Bring it in."

Milo jumped on his big brother's arms and weeped, Jason hugged him back and patted his back, Milo always seemed almost untouchable to him, no one could ever mess with him, not without getting their butts kicked, so seeing Milo just so devastated and going to him for comfort instead of Kendra, was a bit odd and unfamiliar, but Jason did his best to make him feel better, Milo's hugs were always the best, so that hug was a very calming experience for both of them, that was until their father walked in, just walking into the living room with that cold and stern resting face of his, it was spine chilling and the two immediately stopped hugging and sat besides eachother awkwardly as the patriarch of the family sat down in his armchair and pulled out his laptop to start checking his work, Milo was still crying, he was having a hard time stopping, the tears just refused to stay inside and were spilling all over, each one slipped out of his eyes and ran down his face, Milo couldn't stop, but he did his best to try and hide his hiccups and sniffs, though it was also a bit complicated because of his runy nose.

Despite the father's best efforts to ignore the sittuation and just go on with his day as usual, the constant weeps and whines from his son was making all the harder for him to focus on his job, so reluctantly, he expressed his "concerns" about his turtleish son.

⬛ - "Urgh... what seems to be the problem, child?"

🟠 - ".....?"

⬛ - "Milo, I'm talking to you, I thought you were taught better than just ignoring your father when he speaks to you."

🟠 - "Oh! Uh... I uh... it's nothing... nothing important..."

⬛ - "Than why are you crying your eyes out over it? Speak it up already."

🟠 - "I... me and Kendra had a fight."

⬛ - "That's all? What a petty reason to cry over."

👓 - "Hey, dad. Come on now..."

⬛ - "What is it, Jace?"

👓 - "Jason."

⬛ - "Same thing, what do you want?"

👓 - "Can you atleast pretend to care about your children?"

⬛ - "You mean Milo? He's not my kid, unlike you and Kendra, that at least you came from my blood, Milo... we just took him in as a pet for Kendra because her mother was too stubborn about getting her a goddamn birthday gift."

🟠 - "W-what...?"

👓 - "DAD, WHAT THE HELL!?!?"

⬛ - "Quit whining already, I'm trying to work here!"

🟠 - "I'm sorry..."

👓 - "What's gotten into you?!"

⬛ - "Oh, please! What do you want me to do?! If she's cranky, just leave her alone for a while and she'll come back to one once she's over it, it's not a big deal."

🟠 - "You could atleast be more nice about it..."

⬛ - "Do you mind leaving already? I have stuff to do."

👓 - "YOU'RE A JERK!"

⬛ - "Milo, if you don't want me to get you both out of that school and make you both study from home, get your brother out of here before I lose my patience! I've had enough with you boys already."

Milo trembled when his father raised his voice, he swallowed his tears, picked up his stuff and dragged Jason out of the living room, the four-eyed nerd was complaining and yelling all the time while Milo tearfully dragged him to his bedroom upstairs, as they passed through the hall, the stumbled into Kendra on the way, she had heard her father raising his voice from the distance. so she was just going to check on it until the guys ran onto her on accident, Kendra looked shocked after seeing Milo's state, but before she could react, Milo cried even harder and ran with Jason to his bedroom, covering his hideous green face with his arm in shame.

Kendra suddenly felt a terrible weight of guilt pushing down on her back, she didn't know what happened so she assumed the worst, that he had been yelled at by their father because of her, her heart sank to her stomach at the tought of what horrible thing must have came out of her dad's mouth to make her little brother just so upset, Milo was always a mommy's and daddy's boy, he, unlike her and Jason, was the only one who knew how to get on their good side, or atleast, he was the one they didn't minded as much, maybe because he was so shy and strictly raised when he was a child that he never brought his problems forwards, and by doing that, never bothering them, Kendra rushes to Jason's room and bangs on the door, just for her step brother to run out of the room in despair.

💜 - "HEY, WATCH IT, FOUR EYES!! WHERE'S MILO?!?"

👓 - "HE RAN AWAY!!"

💜 - "..!.."

👓 - "IF WE RUN WE MIGHT STILL CATCH UP TO HIM !!"

Kendra snapped out of her state of shock and rushed out of the house with Jason, his mom tried to contest, but they just spat out the "I'm gonna be late" excuse and they left