Chapter 12 - Coffee date

It was the day, Milo and April were gonna meet up on the coffee shop, Kendra plans to follow them in the shadows, it's tense, but it's somehow calm, Milo is dressing up and wonders if he should or not wear his disguise gemstone, April already knows about his turtle form, so should he just keep up the pretend? He just decides to not use it and carry on with it like if it's nothing, she already saw him as a mutant turtle so what would even be the point, right?

He hugs his sis goodbye and heads out to the cafeteria in the afternoon, Kendra waits for a bit and watches him leave through a window before heading out to follow him, Milo arrives on the coffee shop soon, he's a bit earlier than expected but he is willing to wait it out while he picks something to drink from the menu, the front walls are mostly glass so Kendra just sat by a bus stop bench and watched her brother in a distance, using the good old news paper trick to cover up her face, April arrived on time but she stood outside the coffee place, probably thinking Milo was not there yet, until he knocks gently on the glass to call her attention, successfully doing so, and she enters the place to join him.

Milo's drink arrives, a mocha coffee with a bit of caramel, nothing crazy but a bit too strong for April's taste, so she orders just a regular chocolate milk, the two talk while they wait for her drink.

🟠 - "So... uh... how are you doing?"

🟡 - "I'm good, thanks for coming btw, I really needed to have a talk with you..."

🟠 - "Uhh, sure..? What is it?"

🟡 - "It's about the... well, the accidents that happened lately, I feel like the 'apology' the guys gave you just... wasn't enough, and you definitely weren't comfortable with the sittuation."

🟠 - "I mean, yeah. I thought those guys were gonna beat me up or something, did you see the size of the buff one? The one wearing red?"

🟡 - "Yeah, I'm their friend so... yup, I saw. And as their friend, I wanted to give you a proper apology, no back up, no trick, no violence, just... two civilized people talking."

🟠 - "Ok, but... why you? I mean, you did nearly exposed me as a turtle in a public area and all but that's not as comparable as destroying a building and injuring me and my sister, why can't your purple friend be as reasonable as you?"

🟡 - "He's... got some problems understanding social clues..."

🟠 - ".... What is that supposed to mean?"

🟡 - "He... and his brothers too, never really interacted with people before, they live in the sewers, were raised by a single dad, and I'm very much the first and only human they met and know, they started hanging out around New York quite recently so... I guess they can be.... a bunch of dumb-dumbs at times, and they never faced much concequences for their actions so.."

🟠 - "So let me get this straight, they are as sociably clueless as rocks? Man, you sound like the school counselor when he defended the home-schooled creep that harassed my sister when we were young."

🟡 - "Wait, but that was almost 2 years ago, you weren't even in the school yet, how do you know about this?"

🟠 - "I'm my sister's best friend, who do you think she runs to whenever she has some juicy gossip and stuff?"

🟡 - "Wow, I didn't know she acted so... normal."

🟠 - "Was that an insult?"

🟡 - "Huh?!?! Oh, no no no!! I just... I don't know, she was always so mean and cold."

🟠 - "I know, she is not a fan of abbandonment, specially from close friends..."

🟡 - "Excuse me?"

🟠 - "She told me about you throught the years, you used to be friends, correct?"

🟡 - "Uhh, yeah..? Kind of, why? Did she told you why she just stopped liking me?"

🟠 - "Well... you changed.

🟡 - "Changed?"

🟠 - "You made her feel like she was your only and most important friend, but then you just became a people pleaser and started making everyone's approval of you your priority."

🟡 - "Is that what she said?!"

🟠 - "No, but after studying with you for these past months gave me an insight on everything I needed to know."

🟡 - "And... what is it?"

🟠 - "*sip* Well, to begin with, you seem to be friends with everyone and no one has anything bad to say about you, but I see how you act around different people, it's like you become a new person with each person you're talking to, and then there's my sister and our friends, who you just avoid or completely ignore, you don't engage with people who you think are against you, and this also concerns me."

🟡 - "Concerns?"

🟠 - "Yeah, you avoid my friends and sister and yet you approached me with such a nice demeanor, it felt odd, specially since I knew what you and my sister did to eachother."

🟡 - "But what did I do to mae her think those things?! I was always there for her, she never had a reason to not like me!"

🟠 - "How about the times you missed her birthdays? Or how you started to turn her down at every turn? She really tried to get you to hang out with her but you just didn't budge to show up."

🟡 - "I... I was busy! I had other stuff to do and other people... to.... I... oh... that's... that's why she felt so alone? Because I left her out?"

🟠 - *nods*

🟡 - "*sigh* I can't believe it, was I really that bad of a friend?"

🟠 - "You built up her hopes of being your number one, just to then crush her down."

🟡 - "Hum... gosh, I think I messed up..."

🟠 - "You THINK?! You hurt my sister so much that she cried on my shoulder for nearly an hour the last time she tried to invite you over! You said you'd come, but you didn't! She spent the whole day expecting you, planning out some games an activities for you guys to do, she even wanted to introduce you to me, and where were you? In some 'Jenette' girl sleepover!"

🟡 - "Well, I'm here now... can you forgive me?"

🟠 - "I don't like holding grudges, and my sister is the you wronged, why are you apologizing to ME?"

🟡 - "I... understand... and... how about the things I did to you? will you forgive me for that?"

🟠 - "Sure, I guess. I just wish Donatelo would do the same as you. A sincere apology would do."

🟡 - "I suppose you have a point, but why are you telling me this?"

🟠 - ".... look, don't overreact, but my sister is probably watching us right now..."

🟡 - "WHAT?!"

🟠 - "Shhhh!! She's across the street hiding on the bench. She probably found out I was going out with you today, but I don't know if she's gonna do something, but just in case she tries to mess with you, try using the things I said to distract her, I don't think she'll get physical if it comes to a fight so."

🟡 - "So... you're sugesting I try to apologize to get her off my back?"

🟠 - "Not quite, I'm not sure if she would accept it, but be mindful ok? Maybe if you show her you know what you did wrong and show remorse, she might stop, maybe you guys can arange a meet up by yourselves and solve your own problems?"

🟡 - "Uh... that sounds hard, but it's an possibility..."

🟠 - "Hey.... sorry if I'm dumping too much onto you, I just don't want anyone getting in trouble because of me, y'know?"

🟡 - "Yeah..."