Chapter 2 - Purple Bellflowers

Years passed, Kendra was 7 and Milo was 6, Milo had grew up to a child-like figure and her parents embraced him as their own, but the father was not in very good place in the moment, the mother found out he had an affair with some random lady and after weeks of discussion between them and their families, they got divorced, shared the wealth fairly and parted ways, the father kept the guard of the kids and the mom went back to her parent's home and cut ties with her ex husband and consequently her children, the father still cared for the kids but he distanced himself from them the moment he married his mistress a few years later, her and her son moved in and the two siblings had to rely on eachother for support and stayed together no matter what, Kendra started to learn about technology and robotics as a hobby.

Milo always liked to be her right hand man, so while she would build robots and stuff he would pay her company and assist her with whatever she needed, picking tools, holding up book, taking notes or even just bringing her favorite coffee, life was good, he also had his own interests, like arts and crafts, when the Purple Dragon became a thing, he designed the jackets and Kendra helped him make them from scratch, it was super fun, Milo was homeschooled for most of his life but he was finally allowed to go to high school with his sister, hearing about this, Kendra found her way into a Yokai's shop and got her brother a little gemstone that would disguise him as a human, the father at this point basically forgot his kids existed and just letted them do whatever they wanted without paying a single bit of attention to them, but he did buy everything they wanted so they would stay off his back.

Milo turned the gem into a pretty bracelet he kept hidden under his sleeves at all times, with it he would become a normal looking human being, he loved the opportunity to go out with his big sis, he only wore it if he was going to school or something, so he was mostly on his normal form as a turtle for most of the time, it didn't bother him a bit, he liked chilling at home, watching TV, surfing the internet, making art, there were many ways to pass the time, Kendra was always a more home person, preferring to spend time with her little brother and her robot creations over than going out with other people, they also had a step brother, Jason, son of their dad's new wife, they never really made any effort to get along with that weirdo but they let him join the Purple Dragons along with some jock guy named Jeremy, just to have enough members to form a school group.

Even tho they had to pretend it was just a "science team" because the school wouldn't allow it otherwise, and no group means no cool matching hoodies because of the school's dress code which meant they would have to leave their comfort zone and actually worry about what to wear, something so stupid they made a whole school group to justify the fact they liked to wear hoodies, and to use the excuse it was a "group uniform" of some kind.

It was fun, Milo was very much popular from the start, being the younger brother of Kendra who was already very popular since she went to school since she was 8 and built her fame overtime, the Purple Dragons would have meetings at school after class or at the Kendra's and Milo's home, they didn't do much, just work and spend time chilling with eachother in their own way, the 2 boys ended up getting along great with Milo, he was cheerful and kind, always treating them with respect and care, even if he would often get their names wrong, he would be offering them help and stuff, Kendra wasn't really bothered by their presence either but she got a little territorial when it came to Milo, she is not used with the concept of sharing, Milo took his time to understand the reason why his sister would suddenly get so clingy after the meetings and did his very best to give her 10 times more love than usual to show her he'll always be there for her, she liked to hear that.

And how could I forget, their step-mom, she wasn't great that's for sure, she didn't know how to approach her husband's children and still doesn't, she always wanted a daughter to make a lady out of her, but Kendra... isn't the "delicate Lady" type, so she just tried to push her into atleast worry about her looks, like teaching her about make up, fashion, this sort of stuff, but... she didn't expect MILO suddenly getting interested as well, and before she knew, she was teaching him how to paint his nails, he even started to make some nail art for her surprise, and she even taught him how to do hair, and he started to make Kendra's hair everyday, she letted her hair grow a bit just so he could have fun making all sort of hairstyles, like braids, ponytails, buns, and boy! he was having the best times of his life with that new gained skill.

The step mom had mixed feelings about a boy doing what she always perceived to be "feminine" activities, but in the end, she was happy, she found a way to bond with those kids in an unique way, she never imagined she would be teaching what she knows to someone, and even though he's a boy, she couldn't be more satisfied with the results, the case wasn't exactly the same with Kendra, she had quite a hard time with her, she was probably on her "rebellious phase" all teens would go through, she would go out with her brother at any hour and come back late, she would spend her dad's money on useless things, she basically didn't care about her looks and she had no manners, and whenever she tried to bring this up to her dad, the man would shrug his shoulders and brush it off like if he didn't even care, it was honestly frustrating sometimes, but it wasn't like she was causing much trouble in any way, or even disrespecting her, so she just tried not to mind the behavior.

Kendra definitely didn't like her step- mother, she saw every comment about her appearance as a possible insult or attack, the lessons she gave were a just a pretty way of saying:

"You don't look good, but if I say that you'll be upset, so I'll just teach you how to be better, like me."

At least her make up tips were good, and Milo unintentionally distracted her by actually enjoying those lessons, he looked very happy whenever he made her hair, it felt nice, usually she would just make and poorly made bun or ponytail just to get the hair off her face, or just straight up go to a saloon to get a haircut, it grows back eventually but she never cared much about it before, they also started to paint their nails the same color just to look cool, he also wanted to ask her to teach him how to cook, and speaking of it, the step mom would also try to make Kendra eat more healthy food to make her lose some weight, even though she was not even fat to begin with, she complained about it with Milo and he also noticed her lunchbox was coming weird, like white rice or some odd vegan looking dish, he was not very happy learning that his sister is having to eat salad and diet dump while he and their step-bro were eating like normal people.

Kendra would never waste her own food so she was eating it any way, so he took action about it, at night, he would make a normal lunch for his sister, like pb and jelly sandwich, toasts with honey, or even microwave food, nothing to hard to cook but atleast something that tastes like actual food, and sneak it into a small pot so he can take it to school and give it to her at lunchtime, or just try to get rid of the food from her lunchbox by either eating it himself or hiding it in the freezer, he had the idea of donating the food for the homeless before realizing this food would feed them at all since it's so light you can eat a whole bucket of it and stay hungry, so he just hid it or threw it out inside a bag so no one would see it, anything for his sister's sake.

Jason eventually found out about it and helped him keep the secret from his mom, Kendra thanked him a million times for the food and almost shed tears of joy at first after her rediscovery of tasty homemade meals and snacks, one day, while Milo was running to the classroom, he accidentally bumped into another student, April O'Neil, she's the same grade as him, she dropped some news papers and he helped picking them up before she lended a hand to help him up, he was about to introduce himself to her before mysterious dude in a dark purple hoodie popped up from behind her and started giving him weird looks and to whisper something on her ear, Milo just apologized for the inconvenience and rushed to the classroom before the alarm bell rang, the O'Neil girl just kinda vanished for the rest of the day, as well as the weird guy, now that he's thinking about it.... that guy.... was he not wearing pants?