Chapter 15 - Lonely runaway

Milo has been handling a lot of crap by now.

First, he and his sister nearly died inside a collapsing building, that injured his arm badly and got his dear sister hurt as well, it was the most scared he's ever been, he really thought that he was gonna die, or even lose his sister in that horrible tragedy.

Then he had a meltdown while arguing with his biological family, it was the first time in his life that he ever snapped like that, and despite the fact that he was technically in the right, he still felt guilty about losing his head on his bio family of all people, and they seemed to get genuinely upset afterwards, which only shoved more salt to the wound.

And then, when he tried to make it up to himself about what he had done, his sister took it personally, because he talked with a girl she had issues with, and that lead to a huge fight between them, having Kendra yell at him like that was unnatural and not familiar at all, it broke Milo in a way he didn't even know was possible.

That's not to mention how his own father tackled him emotionally, making him finally realize how bad his daddy issues really are, the verbal and psychological abuse his father just so casually spat at him was alarming and frightening, 'was he always like that?'.

And now he's running away, he doesn't know where to go or what to do or anything at all, he's lost, he forgot all of his stuff at home, all he had on was his disguise gemstone and the clothes from the last day that he was still wearing since he didn't even get to change his clothes, and Milo brought nothing with him, his phone, his emergency backpack, or even food, it's all back at home but he can't turn back to go and get anything, so he keeps running out in the streets like a maniac.

Rain starts to pour down, which only makes the moment more dramatic and uncomfortable for Milo, as he keeps running past people in the sidewalks, he looks around to see where he's at, maybe in hopes of finding a place to stay, but then he crosses the street without looking both ways because of his distraction, he sees a car speeding up towards him, Milo tries to run but the slippery road made it a lot harder, in the end, the car driver managed to hit the breaks on time to not run the boy over, but the car did bump into him pretty hard while he was trying to run, the driver tried to come out of the car to help but by the moment they got there, Milo had already ran off.

He hid away in an alleyway, Milo got hurt, not enough to be anything serious, except for his leg and ankle, that are bruised and slightly mangled, he probably twisted his ankle while desparately trying to run away from that car, he takes a few deep breaths before taking off his sweater and biting into it's sleeve so he could try and twist his foot back in place, of course it doesn't work, he twirled his foot wrong and it came loose, dislocating his foot all together, he let out an unhuman scream that was muffled by the sound of a thunder strike not far from there, he covers his mouth in despair and flops on the floor in pain, as a last resource, he tries to crawl out of there and maybe get some help, but he can't move much before collapsing again because of the pain.

Just then, the manhole leading to the sewers is suddenly opened and someone emerges from the depths of underground, and they're not alone, right before Milo's eyes, April O'Neil appears, along with Leonardo, who are more than shocked to see Milo there and the situation he's in, Leo rushes to help him with his foot while April went to comfort him with a hug, he was crying like a baby, shutting his eyes tight as he sobbed and whined in her chest, she held him close while Leo found a way to put Milo's foot back in place, basically slamming it into place, Milo was obviously terrified and didn't want to let him do this, whether it was gonna help or not, but with a bit of encouragement and support from April, he relunctantly accepted, hugging April for assurance and burying his face onto her shoulder.

Finally having his concent to act out, Leonardo carefully held Milo's foot and placed it in position before putting some pressure on the foot, he suddenly gave it a hard push that relocated the bones back in their place, making a loud noise as it did, Milo whinced, startled by the pain, and then the relief that slowly settled in, Leo was confident enough on his medical skills to think that his job had already done the job, but he still had the feeling that some more check ups at home would be good for Milo, Leo was worried about him, he wanted to take the little guy home just to make sure he was alright, and at that point, Milo was pretty much high on dopamine, he was still a little dizzy from all the stress and the sudden relief must have calmed him down, April was still checking on Milo as he slowly rested his head on her lap, almost falling asleep, Leo tries to shaken things up a little bit.

🔵 - "Hey, uh... Milo, wasn't it? What are you doing here? How did you get your foot off like that?"

🟠 - "I... it's a long story.."

🟡 - "Welp, we're all ears."

🟠 - "...Kendra and I had a fight... and then my dad got stressed out on me... and then I ran off."

🟡 - "It was about me, wasn't it?"

🔵 - "Woah... you have a dad?"

🟡 - "LEO!"

🟠 - "Uhh... yeah, don't you?"

🔵 - "I mean, I have one, actually, I have two dads, kind of, it's complicated."

🟠 - "Wow, that must be tough."

🟡 - "Lucky you, guys. I just have a mom."

🟠 - "Heheh, I had a mom, but then she left when I was a kid, I still remember her though, kind of."

🔵 - "Wow, look at us, bonding over family issues."

🟠 - "Oh please, how many issues do you have?"

🔵 - "One of my dads tried to throw me off a building."

🟠 - "Fair enough."

🟡 - "I have a loving mom, Milo has a not so great father and Leo has a good dad and a bad dad."

🟠 - "The almost perfect balance."