Chapter 1 - Begginings

It was a rainy night, Splinter was hiding in an abandoned building to take shelter, beside him, a box with a couple of colorful tiny blankets, wraping 4 baby turtles whoare sleeping peacefully in a pile, the snapping turtle was laid on the side hugging the smaller ones, the red eared slider turtle was next to him, arms and legs stretched almost like a starfish taking over as much space as he could, next was a soft shell turtle, who was snuggling on the plastrol of the red eared, and last up was a small box turtle, who was spreading around the turtle's soft shell like if he was trying to cutelly protect his back, it was such an adorable sight to see, Splinter felt his heart melt up like butter in a hot pan, but the good vibes were cut short thanks to some random drunks entering the area, as soon as they see the rat-like man, he knew they wanted trouble, it was a question of seconds before a fight broke between them, as Splinter kept on fighting, he remebered the times he had as Lou Jitsu, the awesome battles, his perfomances on action movies, the thrill, the emotion, everything felt good and nostalgic, but while he was having the time of his life, one of the drunks snook up to the box he had in the corner, the turtles woke up with all the noise and they immediately noticed the stranger approaching and started to make chirping noises to call the attention of their father, successfully doing so, since he soon chased down the punk who dared to mess with his kids, the punk pannicked by the sittuation and tried to distract the man by throwing the box out trough the window, Splinter was terrified and grabbed the corners of the windows and tried to look down, but he was pulled back by the drunks who wanted revenge.

 The baby turtles were falling from the 2nd floor, it was a large fall for them, but they stayed together and held on to their blankets and eachother, except Michelangelo, who was still waking up, he and his brothers fell on an old and worn out mattress that was laying near some weirdly soft trash bags, Raph, Leo and Donnie fell inside the box, that bounced off the mattress and fell upside down near a trash can, while the poor box turtle fell on the trash bags and rolled to the side falling face first on the floor of that alleyway, he cried out and loud, His brothers hear the cry for help and try to push the box in the direction of the noise, Mikey suddenly stops crying and starts to look around, in the other side of the road, a couple walks out of toy store empty handed, the husband is a business man and the wife is from a very wealthy family and is a great housewife, it's their daughter's birthday and they don't really know what to gift their baby girl with, the father is impatience and just wants to go home, he's daughter is only 2 anyway, she doesn't care about presents, right? she doesn't even know what IS a birthday, he is tired but the wife insists they try somewhere else to... wha... she hears something, a cry... her husband claims he can't hear a thing, but she knows she heard it, she noticed the sound was coming from the alleyway across the street and rushed to check it out.

 As the lady arrived to the scene, she sees the baby turtle stop crying as soon she is spotted by it, her heart swells in warmth, such a strange little green baby, it fits in her pocket for how small it is, she carefully picked up the boy and carefully held it near her face to take a closer look, the odd box that was laying near the garbage started moving and tilting in their direction, she got scared thinking it was some street animal like an ill cat or something, she considered the safety of the turtle and took him away, concerned that whatever was under that plastic box was after the little guy, little did she knew... she walks back to her husband who was waiting for her in the car so she could drive them home, he was to tired to be trusted with the car, she hopped in and they took off.

Soon after, Splinter bursts out through the door and runs to the alleyway looking for his sons, he's hurt and a bit dizzy but he forces himself to get going, he sees the box resting besides the trash bin and quickly goes to check on it, he finds his children, but.... wait... 1... 2... 3... and.... oh no, where is the orange one? The rain falls cold in their skins he puts aside the box and starts to roam around the trash, he's digging those piles of garbage in despair, the feeling is like a giant needle slowly cutting it's way across his chest, he keeps looking... and looking.... and looking, the other turtles start to cry loudly and the noise only taunts him, their screams grow louder and louder at each breath they take and the man falls apart, he looks at his hands, they're bare and his fingers have cuts all over, a bit of blood drips along with the rain drops falling down in his hands, the sinking feeling of darkness floods his chest, the guilt weighted down his back, he got on his knees and hands and begged the universe to give his son back.

The couple are almost home, when the husband finally addresses the... presence... of that little gremlin his wife is bringing with them.

"What in the world is this little... lizard? You have." He asks

She just pets the creature's head and says

"This is our baby's birthday present, cute, isn't?"

He is unsure of what to say, in one hand he couldn't care less about the situation, but is the other hand... his wife seems happy about this little beast, who doesn't look like a thread at all but... it's weird, he just nods and agrees with the idea so they can move on with this.

They arrive home, the rain is ceasing and the stars are begging to shine through, they go inside the house to meet their little daughter, her name is Kendra, she's in her cute lilac dress, enjoying her birthday with the babysitters watching over her, they walk up to the baby girl and her mother gently stands out her hands to show her a big surprise, a pet turtle, she picks it up on her arms and gives it a big tight hug, Kendra absolutely loved the gift, she runs to her room to give the turtle a tour around his new home, until she looks at it and playfully asks.

"So, what's your name?"

"... ... ..M-ma... mi... Mai.... my..."

She's stunned, it can talk, her pet turtle can talk!! She was so excited.

"My what? Michelle? Michael? Or maybe... Milo! Welp... your name is Milo from now on!"

Said the girl with enthusiasm, Milo liked the name.

Kendra held Milo as the two shared a moment together, and a bond was created between the two, a friendship between siblings, stronger than anything they'll ever know.