Chapter 13 - Following commands

As the two teens head out of the coffee shop, they decide to walk around the block while they chat and wait for their curfews to go home, they stop by a park, then an ice cream store and finally, they stop on a park bench to enjoy the evening, almost completely forgetting about Kendra, who is has been basically stalking them for the whole day, she kept watching them in the distance, bitting her fingers in frustration, she couldn't hear what they were saying but it didn't matter, she just wanted to make sure her brother was alright.

But the sight of one of her worst enemies just casually hanging out with Milo was just too infuriating, she bit her nail so hard that it broke, Kendra whined in pain and fell apart, that injury was the final trigger for her to break down in her own insecurities, she wasn't worried that Milo was going out with someone she doesn't like, she's worried that he'll leave her for someone else, she's scared of the idea of him meeting his real family because he might like it too much, maybe even more than he likes her, and that would mean he'd move out to live with his own kind, that then again, she would be alone and abbandoned by someone she loves and cares.

Kendra remembers her parents divorce as the time that her mother, her own dear mother, left her to rot with a selfish and neglectful man that she called "father", and she did it just so she wouldn't have to see him again, but if that was the case, why couldn't she just take Kendra with her? Or even Milo? She always made them believe she loved them both as her children, so why would she just leave them like that? Was all the years they spent together just that meaningless to her? 

Kendra never knew, she was never able to reach her mom, she changed her number when she got divorced and her mom doesn't have any social media, so Kendra doesn't know how to get in touch with her, and her useless dad would never tell her or even allow her to visit them, Kendra grew up without a mom, and even after that trauma was inflicted on her, it happened again with April when they were little, it showed her that people can always leave you if they find something better, and the idea that she is just something discartable was just internalized in her brain, so to feel important, she latched onto Milo for comfort, he was the only person she felt comfortable around, since he was always alone and homeschooled, she thought it meant that no one could take him away from her and that she would always keep Milo to herself.

Throught their whole lifes, he's been her right hand man, her shoulder to cry on, the supportive brother she could lean on whenever she needed, in the end of the day, she treated him like a possesion, an object she owns and devotes her love to, she started to realize this problem of hers and she was doing her best to try and work on her separation anxiety, she goes to therapy once a week and she's been trying to let Milo be more free instead of keeping him on a short leash so she can keep an eye on him at all times, she didn't told Milo about what she's been up to when it comes to that matter, but she's really trying to let go of all that baggage and be able to just trust him like a normal person.

But from the moment she found out that Milo was Donatello's brother, about Milo and April's date, something inside her just shattered, she's waiting for Milo to leave April wherever so she can give him a piece of her mind, an hour later, Milo dropped off April at her place and headed home, that was Kendra's time, she walked towards him, the two just exchanged looks and just walked home side by side in a very off-putting silence, Kendra was waiting to hear what he had to say, but Milo was also waiting for her to tell him what's on her mind, so basically, one was waiting for the other to start the conversation, when they arrived home, they just walked straight to their bedroom and locked the door shut.

Once inside, they each sat down in their own beds and just... kind of... stayed that way for a while, until Milo could no longer handle the silence and started to talk, hoping his big sister didn't hate him and that she would talk back...

🟠 - "Look... I know what you're gonna say... I know you're mad... and I honestly don't have any excuse to give you for what I did, so... I don't... d-do you hate me now?"

💜 - "... try and guess."

🟠- ".... I'm sorry... I knew you'd be upset if I had told you and... I just... didn't want you to freak out."

💜 - "OH REALLY?! WHAT A WAY TO GO ABOUT IT!!"

🟠- "I'm sorry, Kendra. If there's anything I can do to_"

💜 - "You just stabbed my back, I don't wanna hear anything from you right now!"

🟠- "I-I'm so sorry, I just wanted settle that issue once and for all so we could just move on from this."

💜 - "What issue, Milo?! Those losers already apologized, can't you just forget about it?!?"

🟠- "And I blew up at them, I know it wasn't that much of a big deal for you, but I FELT BAD ABOUT IT, OK?"

💜 - "For god's sake, Milo! Can you be anymore of a baby?!"

🟠- "Look, I'm sorry, ok? I just went to her for closure, not anything else, so stop acting like everything and everyone is out to get me!"

💜 - "Just you wait until she steps on you, I will just LOVE to see who you're going to run to!!"

🟠- "Kendra! I... don't want to fight you over this, can we just put this behind us? Just this time?"

💜 - "You must have lost your mind if you think I'm gonna let that one slide! How would YOU feel if I... I don't know, started dating that purple turtle freak behind your back?!"

🟠- "Turtle... freak..? Did you just... well... I'd be happy for you, happy that you found someone you actually like, even if it makes me uncomfortable, as siblings, we have to make sacrifices for eachother sometimes!"

💜 - "Oh, quit the soft guy act!! You'd be furious too!"

🟠- "I WOULD!! But I wouldn't take it out on you, because unlike you, I care about people's feelings, I care about what people think of me, I care about how my decisions affect other people!!"

💜 - "ARE YOU IMPLYING SOMETHING, LIZARD-FACE?!!?"

🟠- "WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME?!"

💜 - "Ah! M-Milo, wait! I didn't meanit like that!!"

🟠- "Lizard-face?! Is that what you think of me?!"

💜 - "NO!! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that!"

🟠- "If that's the case, if Booty-shaker-9000 is a 'turtle freak', then what does that make me?!"

💜 - "You know what, I'm done with this!! Get your stuff, you're not sleeping in this bedroom tonight!!!"

🟠- "Are you serious?! What are you? 4 years old?"

💜 - "YOU HEARD ME!!"

🟠- "Fine, FINE, I'll sleep at Jason's room then." 

He gathers his pillow and blanket and walks out of the room.

💜 - "Yeah, enjoy while you're at it and just replace me with him already then!!"

🟠- "UUUUURRRRGGGGHHH, FIIIIIINNNNEEEE, I'll sleep on the couch then, THERE, happy?!"

💜 - "I hope you get whiplash from sleeping there, traitor!!"

Kendra slams the door shut and locks Milo outside, he's too drained and tired to change his clothes or even take a bath, besides, in order to get his pijamas and towel, he would have to get inside the room and deal with Kendra again, and he's not really in the mood for it anyway, so he just sets a makeshift bed in the couch, brushes his teeth in the bathroom and goes back to the living room, Milo turns on the TV in the lowest volume he can and watches some cartoons before going to sleep, once the clock hits 11 pm, he turns off the TV and rolls over in the couch trying to sleep, but the leather fabric is cold and unbearable to the touch, but he was just too stressed out now to do anything, so he just wrapped himself in his blanket and into a pouty burrito and forced himself to sleep.