Chapter 11 - Planning and scheming

Less than a week later, April texts Milo for them to arrange the said "meeting" he had proposed a few days ago.

🟡- "Hey, Milo. So... I was thinking... I'm free this weekend, can we meet up?"

🟠 - "Oh, hi April. I guess so... how about that coffee shop on Avenue Q?

🟡- "Sure! I love that place!!! Is sunday good for you?"

🟠 - "Of course! Sounds great. How about 5 pm?"

🟡- "Awesome!! See you then."

🟠 - "See ya."

Aaaaannnnddd all set! Now that it was set, Milo sighed satisfaction, he didn't had to take the iniciative after all, what a relief, he's mad shy when it comes to interecting with people, so he really talks with other people except his family, like when Kendra messages him during class, or their step-mom calls him to make sure everything is alright, or even his dad when he wants to know when or if theiy're coming home, of course, most of the times his dad contacts him is when he's either drunk or emotive about something, so it's mostly rare, but he still enjoys when his dad remembers to talk to him and his sister.

But for him to go out, there's still one thing he needs to do...

💜 - "Milo! There you are, you won't believe what just happened!!"

How would he get his sister to let him go out by himself to meet her rival and ex childhood friend.

🟠 - "Hi girllll.... what happened?"

💜 - "...... what was that?"

🟠 - "Oh sorry, what's wrong?"

💜 - "Ok, so... anyway, I was gonna buy some groceries and I found those chocolate pasteries that were, like, so cheap, and I_"

Kendra went on to tell an over detailed story about how she got a great price for some chocolate sweets and some random boy tried to comment on her weight, she responded by kicking that guy in the nuts ans rushing to the cashier where she paid for the groceries shegot, until the young adult tried to run at her but was caught by the security guards for trying to assault a minor, so in the end, the guy was taken to the police station, she got her sweets and everyone gained quite a story to tell when they get home.

After a brief chat with his older sister, Milo finally decided to come forward to ask her the big question.

🟠 - "So, uhh... sis? I've been... uhh... a bit overwhelmed recently, so I've been wondering... is it ok if I go out this weekend on my own?"

💜 - "Weekend? Where are you going?"

🟠 - "It'll just be at Sunday!! I just... want to go to a coffee place by myself, y'know?... I... understand if it bothers you but_"

💜 - "Milo."

🟠 - "!!"

💜 - ".... You... DO know you don't need to ask for my permission, right?.... I am your big sister, but I'm not mom... do you.... do I make you feel that way? Am I too authoritarian?..."

🟠 - "W-what?! N-no! That's not what I meant!! I just... it's just that you already get a bit... nervous when I... like... hang out with our friends, I know you're a bit jealous so... I thought... you wouldn't be happy about that..."

💜 - "Oh, baby bro.... you're free to do whatever you want, as long as you stay away from strangers and always watch your back, it should be fine."

🟠 - "So you won't mind if I go?"

💜 - "Who am I to say you can't?"

🟠 - "OHHH RIGHT!!!! Thanks, Kenny!! You're the best!"

He jumps into her arms and forms a hug.

💜 - "Hehehe, sure lil bro, have fun then."

From then on, the days passed by like the wind, and Kendra slowly began to wonder something about her brother, she saw a notification on his phone from some.... girl???... at least going by the nickname... since when did he get a girl's number? Is it even a girl? Is he talking to a stranger? Is that some sort of scam someone's pulling on him? Maybe some hacker...? Kendra decided to look into that person, she took their number from Milo's phone and began looking into it until she found out who was the person that owned that number.... April O'neil, the girl she always had a bone to pick with since first grade...

Kendra met O'neil in Elementary school, they were both the nerds of the class, so April just took Kendra as a best friend, even if Kendra didn't really wanted to make friends, reminder, her parents had just got divorced and she was now being sent to school for the first time in her life, she never went to daycare because she was always taken care of by her mother and babysitters, so school was not something really familiar to her at that point, and worst of all, Milo wasn't with her, he was being kept at home being homeschooled, so he wasn't there to comfort her and keep her company, so Kendra ended up latching onto April for support, which became their whole dynamic, April was silly and cheerful and Kendra was introverted and a bit clingy.

And when April started to get more popular and make more friends, Kendra felt betrayed and left out, so she started to avoid April, and whenever she tried to talk with Kendra, she would tell her off, so Kendra came off to April as mean and rude for no reason since she didn't understand what was wrong because Kendra wouldn't talk to her about it and Kendra saw April as a two-faced player that swore she'd be by her side whenever she needed just so then April could leave her in the dark for the other kids at school, so their friendship fell apart after that.

Since then, the two try to avoid eachother and when they happen to bump into eachother, Kendra plays the bully to somewhat assert dominance over April to make herself feel better, so Kendra was beyond furious when she finally read their messages to found out that THAT WITCH was not only talking to her little brother, but was also inviting him to what she could only assume was a DATE, she felt her blood boil at the thought that O'neil was plotting to do something to Milo, maybe to get back at her for the bullying, Kendra stormed out of the room and decided to scheme a plan to find out what was that coffee date really all about.