Chapter 16 - Taking him home

After a few minutes of getting to know eachother, Leo picks up Milo and takes him into the sewers, making their way to the lair, Milo feels a bit weird about being carried in someone's back, it feels different, but not in a bad way, it reminds him of when he was a child and his mom would play horsey with him while Kendra would be in pre school, she'd put him in the back of her shoulders and walk around the house, running her usual daily errands, like cooking and cleaning, and ever since she left, Milo became the one to be lifting up Kendra into his shoulders as a way to cope with the loss and show his sister some love in the same way their mom did to him, so having Leo carry him like that really meant a lot to him, even though he didn't said a thing.

April watched as Milo rested his head in Leo's shoulder with small and shiny eyes, he looked like a baby, Leo noticed how Milo's body just relaxed after a while, he was almost hanging limp on his shell, his arms loosely wrapped around Leo's neck, his legs swinging around while they walk, Leo can almost feel Milo's breathing getting slower.

🔵 - "Hey, buddy. You falling asleep on me?"

🟡 - "You think? You just gotta see his face, so cute!!"

🟠 - "H-hey... stop that."

🔵 - "Awwww you sound like a groggy kid."

🟡 - "Man~ he's so eepy sleepy~" 

🟠 - "Am... not." 

Milo turns his head the other way to avoid April, but the girl just walks around Leo to face Milo again, which starts to bug Milo, he keeps trying to look away from her, but April keeps nagging him, this frustates him to a point where he jumps off Leo's back and starts walking by his side with a grumpy face, the pain in his foot was still hard to endure, but he stubbornly decided to put up with it, limping away with Leo while holding onto his arm for support.

🔵 - "Hahaha! Oh, come on, April. You're making him upset."

🟡 - "Heheh, sorry."

🔵 - "Hey, little guy. No need to frown, you're gonna get wrinkles early."

🟠 - "Hmph."

🔵 - "I know you're angry now, but April and I won't tease you anymore, ok? I promise."

🟠 - ".... for real?"

🔵 - "Pinky promise."

🟠 - "Pfft, seriously? Pinky promises?"

🔵 - "Well, it should mean a lot coming from a guy with only three fingers."

🟠 - "...."

🔵 - "..."

🟠 - "Pffft-"

🔵 - "Ah, ah, am I seeing a laugh coming along?~"

🟠 - "Hahahahahahahahah!"

🔵 - "There it is!!"

🟡 - "I can't believe he actually laughed at that, this pun was horrible."

🔵 - "But you're smilling."

🟡 - "Pfft- ok, got me there."

🔵 - "Heh, anyway, Milo, you should hop back onto my shell, I don't think you're in a good condition to be walking like that without propper support."

🟠 - "O-ok, ok... can you... help me?... If you don't mind, of course."

🔵 - "Sure, pal."

Leo kneeled down and helped Milo get back up before lifting them both up and walking off with him and April, this time, neither Leo or April bothered Milo as he started to get fully comfortable, which lead to Milo peacefully falling asleep or his brother's shell and the two didn't have the heart to move him or wake him up, when they arrived to the Lair, April found a note from Raph saying he and Donnie went out to get some stuff in the grocery store, this was not a very good time for them to be outside, Leo needed their help to get Milo checked out, specially Donnie's, since Leo doesn't know how to operate some of the medical tools, mostly because many of them were made or built by Donatello.

Leo knew that to assure Milo's well being, he would need his twin's help, so he carefully laid Milo down on the couch and went to his room to call Donnie and Raph to get them to come home soon, but of course, he gave them close to no explanations as to why he needs them back home, just telling his older brothers that he needs help with something, they don't really know what must be so important to Leo in that moment, but they confirm to him that they're almost done shopping and that they'll be heading home soon, hanging up on Leo as soon as the chat is over.