Chapter 10 - Rescheduling a meeting

Milo was feeling a bit anguished about blowing off at Donatello and his family, he was never so angry before, it felt unreal and over the top, he feels as his reaction went way too far, he screamed and scolded him until they walked away scared, like if he was a monster, even though they ended the discussion relatively peacefully, he still feels bad about getting so enrraged, he nearly foamed from anger back there, and for someone as pacific as him, this was a shock of realities he was not emotionally prepared for, so he remembered he had O'neil's number on his phone, free to be used at any given time, he was embarassed and awkward about such an idea at first, but after a bit of self doubt and a lot of self loathing later, he gatthered the courage to send a message.

He didn't wanted to look desperate so he was simple and straightforward with his messages, but when April's finally responded, she started to press him with questions that he still didn't knew how to answer yet, so he tried to avoid it by throwing the conversation off the tracks by just not acknowledging the questions, just rushing straight to the point and asking her if and when they can meet up in private, just the two of them.

"Does that sound weird?"

"Will she think I'm creepy?"

"What if she says no?"

"Am I doing the right thing?"

"Was I too rude?"

He began overthinking the situation, hoping he didn't just screw up that badly, he messages her that he'll message her later to pick a day for them to meet, he anxiously waited for her reply, and she was ok with it, with a wave of relief washing over him, he turns off his phone and lays in his bed, letting out a sigh, feeling like a huge boulder was suddenly lifted from his shoulders, Milo then hears a loud noise coming from the kitchen and runs to the scene, unsure of what it was, when he gets there, he sees Jason on the floor, he was getting himself some snacks to watch a movie but slipped and fell over, he saved the snacks but he couldn't move.

Seeing his stepbrother in that sittuation, he picks him up from the floor and puts him back on his feet, Milo teases him by asking about the movies he'll be watching, Jason reluctantly tells him he's gonna watch a documentary about bears, which was obviously a lie because he was scared to death of bears, so when Milo calls him out, it surprises him, so he finally admits he'll watch a romantic movie on his own because a girl he likes recommended it to him, and Jason's desperate to have something to talk with her about.

Milo falls back while bursting out laughing for how dumb that sounded, which annoyed his brother a bit, but once he put himself together he said that he wouldn't let him suffer through that alone and as the considerate brother he was, he'd join Jason and watch that atrocity with him, the nerd even tries to protest but soon realizes it's useless, Milo is too stubborn to back down, so he just accepts his fate and the two guys go to the movie room where they're surprised to find Kendra, looking at the screen with a face of disgust and confusion.

She turns to her two brothers and asks what the hell is that movie they're going to watch, Milo explains the situation to her and she also laughs it off for how stupid that is, she walks away to her bedroom and leaves the two weirdos to watch their love novel, Jason is far well humiliated at this point but he still sits down to hit the play button, Milo gets the snacks and sits by his side as the film starts.

Not even 4 minutes later, Milo is already weezing in laughter for how bad the movie is, Jason is still holding onto the believe that this movie is good but just takes a while to get better, and soon, 15 minute's into the movie, Jason is trying not to join Milo on the laughing because he honestly can't help it, everything was so hilariously bad, the writing, the characters, the screen play, the acting, it's all garbage, in the funniest way it can be.

20 minutes later, the two goofballs are laughing their asses off, Jason couldn't help it any longer, that movie was just so awful, he looked at Milo who was chugging down a bottle of water and trying to catch his breath, he saw the mutant with more positive eyes, despite living together for quite a few years now, they never really spent much time together just the two of them, so that moment they were having felt nice.

Jason always thought Milo and Kendra hated him, and what reason did they not have? He was the son of their father's mistress, he just popped into their lifes one day, along with his mother and have been practically leeching off of their father's income like parasites, and he was always the odd one out, Milo and Kendra were both stylish, intelligent and charismatic, while he was just a plain looking nerd that would much rather stay isolated in his room with his games than ever having to talk or interact with any other human.

But... even then, Milo's not a human, he is.... not even he fully knows, they are somewhat close but Jason actually knows so little about his stepbrother, while he already told Milo his entire life story, it felt a bit off to him for never trying to reach out to him more often, but this can change, Jason in that moment decides he'll be spending more quality time with his sibling, as long as Kendra is ok with it too since he knows pretty damn well how protective and caring Kendra is towards Milo, so talking to her afterwards sounds good enough.

Before he could speak to Milo about it, Kendra suddenly appeared behind them, they get scared to death and she laughs hysterically, she hops onto the couch with them to watch the rest of it with them, apparently she was lonely and bored so she decided to join their pity party to watch that utterly ridiculous movie that was almost half way done, the three siblings wrap themselves under the covers and grab themselves some snacks to munch on while watching, and that was... their first raw siblinghood moment.