"Vara didn't come? I would personally like to clear the misunderstanding," Raina asked directly.

"Vara...? Aapko Tarini ne nahi bataya?" Sayli was confused while Keshav looked at his daughter and frowned when she rolled her eyes.

(Vara...?didn't Tarini inform you?)

Keshav gave her a hard glare as Tarini looked busy on the phone, seemingly ignoring or pretending to ignore the conversation.

Sensing her father's glare, Tarini quietly set the phone down.

Tarini always had attitude problems and speaking to elders in a respectful manner was a concept lost on her. There was not a single person in their family, except Vara, that Tarini had not argued with. She didn't get along well with Sayli because she could never accept her. Her relationship with him was still a little strained as she never accepted his decision for a second marriage. Most of her arguments happened with Nana, who is the strictest member of their family.

If not for Vara, Keshav was sure his daughter would have run away from home... In fact, she did run away, stealing money after his marriage to Sayli. He still shuddered to think what would have happened if she hadn't called Vara that day... He has handled a very rebellious stage where Tarini is concerned. Tarini hates people dictating to her, even if it's for her own good... Somehow, it is only Vara who can handle her. It is because of Vara that Tarini has made peace with his and Sayali's marriage...

He had hoped that after marriage, Tarini's attitude towards her new family would improve, but alas, it didn't seem so. Keshav had tried asking Vara about Tarini's life at Chauhan Bhawan, but she wouldn't say a word against her sister more than necessary.

"Vara ko Pune mein job mili hai... usko vahaan pe shift hue ek hafta ho gaya hai." Sayli replied

(Vara got a job in Pune. It's been a week since she moved there.)

"Oh... achanak city change? Didn't she get a job here?" Dadisa asked intrigue

(Oh... sudden city change?)

"She liked the job profile at her current company," Sayli answered.

*****

"That's why I couldn't find her. She is in Pune, and here I have been waiting outside her home for the past six days, hoping to catch a glimpse of her," Indrajeet cursed loudly.

"So, that's where you have been going early in the morning..." Dhruv asked, amused.

"You are enjoying this way too much, don't you think?" Indrajeet narrowed his eyes.

"After tolerating your tantrums for the past few weeks, I deserve this," Dhruv replied gleefully as they concentrated on the conversation going on in the living room.

Raina had carried a microphone, enabling them to hear the conversation in the living room.

Indrajeet felt agitated. Vara had left the city, she had gone away from him. He felt like such an idiot. How could he have said something like that to her, especially over such a silly misunderstanding? Would she ever forgive him?

It had been a week since he came across the truth. It didn't take much, as soon as the gag from their mouths was removed, Neel started telling him everything he needed to know without even being asked. Neel had a guilty conscience.

<><><><><><><><><><>

"Sir... sir... we are sorry... I am sorry," Neel started pleading.