Chapter 132: Wang Yan's Gift ​​

TL: Etude

Like the Demon Sea Base, every resident of the Zhonghai Super Base also had an identity card, but obviously, the identity card from the Demon Sea Base would be useless here. "I am a warrior from the Demon Sea Base and would like to become a member of the Zhonghai Super Base. What procedures are needed?" Ye Tian inquired.

"A warrior from the Demon Sea Base?" The king-level guard looked at Ye Tian with a bit of surprise. Warriors from major bases were rare sights.

"It's simple," the guard explained. "First, you need to have king-level cultivation. Second, you must leave an inch-long mark on the Heavenly Array Stele. Then you can become a member of our Zhonghai Super Base."

"I wish to undergo the test to join," Ye Tian stated.

"Go to the third floor of the tower gate and say you want to undergo the test to join the base. Someone will take you to the test," the guard instructed.

"Thank you," Ye Tian expressed his gratitude with a fist salute.

Besides the main door, the tower gate had many floors. Ye Tian took the Yuan force elevator to the third floor, while Xiao Xue waited outside for him. At that moment, Ye Tian encountered an unusual person—a human three meters tall.

"So, what Yue Ling said was true. There really are three-meter-tall people," Ye Tian thought to himself, surprised, but he didn't show any reaction on his face. In his view, a three-meter-tall human might be odd, but it could be quite normal in the Zhonghai Super Base. Showing surprise might be interpreted as provocation and bring unwanted trouble, which was not his intention.

"Check!" Ye Tian's copy talent enveloped the other person, revealing their talent clearly on his retina.

Witchman: Saka

Cultivation Talent: Extraordinary

This was an extraordinary cultivation talent without any special abilities, but the individual was described as a witchman, not a human.

"A witchman, is it a branch of humans?" Ye Tian wondered to himself. Perhaps once he entered the super base, he would understand more about this.

Soon, a human martial Grandmaster appeared in front of Ye Tian.

"What can I do for you?" The Grandmaster didn't show much respect to Ye Tian, making him realize that king-level individuals didn't hold very high status in the Zhonghai Super Base, unlike in the Demon Sea Base, where Grandmasters would address a king-level with respect.

"I want to take the test to join the base. Can you take me there?" Ye Tian asked.

"Certainly!" The Grandmaster led Ye Tian to a large room with a huge stele inside, presumably the Heavenly Array Stele.

Not long after, a king-level woman appeared before Ye Tian. She was a middle-aged woman with strong cultivation, almost at the pinnacle of the king level.

Human: Wang Yan

Cultivation Talent: Extraordinary

Swordsmanship Talent: High

Speed Talent: Medium

"Very strong!" That was Ye Tian's first impression of Wang Yan. She possessed high-level swordsmanship talent. Given her age, she might have comprehended several levels of sword intent and likely practiced silver-level sword techniques. Coupled with her cultivation, her combat power was undoubtedly second only to invincible king-levels, comparable to his own strength.

"Little guy, so you're the one who wants to join our Zhonghai Super Base?" Wang Yan smiled at Ye Tian and asked.

"How do you know I'm young?" Ye Tian felt somewhat displeased with her address.

After all, both were at the king level, and casually addressing someone as "little guy" seemed somewhat impolite.

"Your life energy is too vibrant and not concealed, unlike older king-level individuals. I guess you're in your twenties? I am already over eighty, so it's okay to call you a little guy, right?" Wang Yan responded.

"Life energy..." Ye Tian's expression changed as he realized that Wang Yan's life energy was very faint, not because she was close to death, but because it seemed hidden. "Are there secret techniques in the super base to hide life energy?" he curiously asked.

"Indeed, although somewhat rare, a king-level can still learn it at a price. Little guy, if you can make a ten-inch mark, I'll gift you a secret technique to hide your life energy. How about that?" Wang Yan proposed cunningly.

"Really?" Ye Tian was somewhat tempted. Being identified by Wang Yan and having his robust life energy noticed, he indeed felt a bit uneasy and was very interested in acquiring a technique to conceal it.

"Really!" Wang Yan affirmed.

"What strength is required to leave a one-inch mark?" Ye Tian asked, looking at the Heavenly Array Stele.

"The Heavenly Array Stele is made from a special material and inscribed with a top-tier array. It can withstand power beyond king-level. To leave a one-inch mark, you need a strength of 1000 elephants," Wang Yan explained.

"1000 elephants?" Ye Tian calculated silently. His physical strength had reached 150 elephants after breaking through to the king level and 200 elephants after stabilizing his realm. With the amplification of Yuan force, it could reach 400 elephants, but his pseudo-mystic strength talent could amplify it to 12,000 elephants.

He couldn't reveal his silver-level techniques, as the accumulated attack power would be too overwhelming. "Then I'll just use the amplification of my pseudo-mystic strength talent! 12,000 elephants should be enough to leave a 12-inch mark!" Ye Tian planned.

Immediately, he struck the Heavenly Array Stele, activating his pseudo-mystic strength talent.

Boom! The sword light struck the stele, leaving a clear mark. Wang Yan checked it and said, "A 12-inch mark, congratulations on joining the Zhonghai Super Base. Here, this is your reward!" She handed Ye Tian a secret book.

Ye Tian didn't examine it immediately but accepted it with thanks. "Let's go, I'll take you to complete the formalities."

Wang Yan quickly processed the procedures, and soon, Ye Tian held a new identity card for the Zhonghai Super Base.

After entering the super base, Wang Yan looked at Ye Tian's personal information and murmured, "Perfect foundation... Even in the super base, not many can forge a perfect foundation. This young man must be a disciple of some old monster. To forge a perfect foundation, even the great families of the super base struggle to cultivate one. This guy, if he really comes from the Demon Sea Base, shouldn't belong to any family, since they aren't able to gather resources for forging a perfect foundation. Unless an old monster passing by took him as a disciple. So young, yet already at king level and with a perfect foundation, his cultivation talent must be at least at the Morning Star level, or even the Moonlight level. Hehe, giving him a small gift should gain his favor, and befriending a future powerhouse is a good investment."

After entering the super base, Ye Tian encountered many witchmen and another type of human race—the Three-Eyed Human Race, among others. Curious about all this, he found a hotel, rented a room, and settled in for the time being.

In his room, Ye Tian examined the secret book Wang Yan gave him. It was titled "Turtle Breath Technique," but this technique only occupied one page, followed by much information about the Zhonghai Super Base, various human races, and the history of the super base.

"Why is Wang Yan so kind to me?" Ye Tian wondered. Clearly, she realized he was a novice to the super base and thus gave him this gift. He needed to integrate into the super base quickly, and this gift was indeed very valuable. He acknowledged that he now owed Wang Yan a favor.