Chapter 35: A Grandmaster Takes Action!

TL: Etude

The limit of a Great Martial Warrior's strength is 1 million jin, and with the amplification of elemental energy, they can unleash an attack power of 2 million jin. This is the peak combat power of an ordinary Great Martial Warrior!

Compared to the peak combat power of a Great Martial Warrior, Ye Tian naturally fell short. However, Ye Tian possessed an top-level healing talent and, coupled with the power of his bronze-level sword technique Shadow Kill, he wasn't much weaker than the peak combat power of a Great Martial Warrior.

"Though Shadow Kill is a fast sword technique, it doesn't add much to my attack power. Though if I train Shadow Kill to the perfect realm, I could just use it to multiply an attack's power by several times. In that case, I could injure peak Great Martial Warriors just with my attack power," Ye Tian thought.

However, it was too difficult to cultivate a bronze-level sword technique to perfection with his current swordsmanship talent. Unless Ye Tian could give up on improving his cultivation and focus solely on swordsmanship, which was impossible. Right now, unless he copied a high-level sword technique talent or acquired a sword technique that could amplify his attack power, his combat power wouldn't increase significantly.

"Sword techniques that can significantly amplify combat power are too rare. I've wandered around the black market for a long time and haven't seen any. I can only wait for the future," Ye Tian said helplessly.

The surge in combat power excited Ye Tian. However, he still had a long way to go when compared to real powerhouses and needed to continue improving. Of course, for Ye Tian, every little improvement in his strength would significantly increase his combat power.

"My current physical strength is 30,000 jin. As long as I reach the peak level of Elite Martial Warriors, I will be comparable to the peak combat power of Great Martial Warriors!"

But Ye Tian also knew his weakness. His speed was still slightly lacking. After all, his speed was only at the low-level cultivation talent, which could only amplify his speed threefold. Compared to his peers, that was quite good, but it was far from enough when challenging higher levels.

Ye Tian set a goal for himself: the next time he chose a talent, he would choose a medium-level or higher speed talent.

After practicing at home for several days, Ye Tian finally went out to inquire about the situation.

At a small restaurant.

Ye Tian and Wind Wolf were eating and chatting in a small private room.

"Wind Wolf, I've been cultivating these past few days and am not clear about what's happening outside. How is the beast-clearing plan going?" Ye Tian asked.

Wind Wolf replied, "Ye Tian, I'm too low-level to know much. All I know is that the two bases suffered heavy losses this time. Just the number of Elite Martial Warriors who died is estimated to be around fifty, and three Great Martial Warriors also died!"

"Three Great Martial Warriors died?!"

Ye Tian was shocked. Great Martial Warriors were incredibly powerful, almost like human-shaped bombs. The fact that three had died left him speechless. He speculated that the cause of their deaths was likely the high-level Mighty Ant pursuing them, leading to their downfall.

"However, I also heard a rumor!" Wind Wolf said mysteriously, "I heard that the medium-sized base was so furious that a Grandmaster took action! I didn't know what a Grandmaster was before, but now I've heard that the realm above Great Martial Warriors is called Grandmaster!"

"A Grandmaster took action? What happened?" Ye Tian was curious.

"I'm not sure, but I think he must have won. After all, that's a realm above Great Martial Warriors. How could a high-level Mighty Ant be a match?" Wind Wolf said with a smile.

Ye Tian nodded silently.

Although the high-level Mighty Ant had powerful attack strength, perhaps even comparable to a Grandmaster's attack, the ant's weaknesses were also very obvious. Its reaction and speed were far inferior to a Grandmaster's.

As long as the Grandmaster didn't foolishly go head-to-head with the high-level Mighty Ant, they could basically kill it.

And indeed, that was what happened.

Two days later, news arrived. The nest of the Mighty Ants had been cleared, eliminating the greatest threat. The beast-clearing mission resumed. Since Ye Tian and his team had already completed their task, they didn't need to go out again.

In the blink of an eye, ten days passed. The beast-clearing mission was essentially completed, and a temporary trade route between the two bases was established. However, beasts were migratory; today might be clear, but new beasts could migrate in soon. For both bases, this route was only temporarily safe, and anyone wishing to pass through still needed to exercise great caution.

Yet, what puzzled not only Ye Tian but also many warriors was why the base would expend so much effort to open this route. After all, for the Linhai Base, trading with a medium-sized base was beneficial, but what did the medium-sized base gain from trading with Linhai Base?

That day, Wind Wolf delivered some resources to Ye Tian's home. These resources were mostly beast blood, beast meat, and a few gold cards—rewards from the mission and shares from hunting beasts along the way. For Ye Tian at this point, these things didn't mean much, but he accepted them anyway. He might not need them, but Ye Yu would soon be able to cultivate, and these resources would be good for her.

Originally, Ye Tian wanted to continue his quiet cultivation. However, the visit of a stranger disrupted his peaceful life.

"Who are you?" Ye Tian looked at the unfamiliar man before him and asked.

"Sir Ye Tian, I am Mo Yuan, a steward of the Mo family," Mo Yuan replied, showing some deference as he was just a warrior.

"The Mo family?" Ye Tian was surprised, his first thought being that the Mo family had discovered the cause of Mo Shao Bei's death. But he quickly dismissed the idea. If the Mo family had really found out, they would have sent a Great Martial Warrior, not just a warrior.

"What does your Mo family want with me?" Ye Tian was puzzled.

"Our family head wishes to invite Sir Ye Tian to be a guest at the Mo family," Mo Yuan said.

Hearing this, Ye Tian remained outwardly calm but couldn't help laughing inwardly. The Mo family actually wanted to invite him as a guest. If they knew he had killed Mo Shao Bei, they would probably go mad.

"Sorry, I don't want to go out these days," Ye Tian flatly refused.

Mo Yuan, who had been extremely respectful, instantly changed his expression. "Sir Ye Tian, our Mo family has many Elite Martial Warriors and even a Great Martial Warrior. Being friends with our Mo family would only benefit you. If you offend us, you'll find it difficult to move an inch in Linhai Base!"

Ye Tian widened his eyes, wondering who gave this man the confidence to threaten an Elite Martial Warrior. A mere warrior daring to threaten an Elite Martial Warrior was audacious, to say the least.

"Are you threatening me?" Ye Tian said coldly.

A trace of sword intent burst forth, overwhelming Mo Yuan. In an instant, Mo Yuan felt immense pressure and broke out in a cold sweat.