Chapter 45: My First Beast Pet!

TL: Etude

"Are you submitting to me?" Ye Tian looked at the Golden Silk Dragon Panther with interest.

However, he didn't let his guard down, fearing that the panther might be feigning surrender to launch a surprise attack. But the likelihood of that was low, given the panther's severe injuries.

The Golden Silk Dragon Panther nodded, apparently understanding Ye Tian's words.

Ye Tian had long known that some special beasts were highly intelligent and could understand human speech, but they were rare. He hadn't expected to encounter one today.

"I'm not entirely sure I can trust you. What if you change your mind after you've healed?" Ye Tian said coldly.

Suddenly, a faint light appeared on the forehead of the Golden Silk Dragon Panther. The light instantly broke through the air and entered Ye Tian's mind.

At that moment, Ye Tian's first reaction was that he had been ambushed. But then a childlike voice rang out.

"Master!"

The voice sounded like that of a three-year-old child, but Ye Tian knew who it belonged to.

"Golden Silk Dragon Panther, was that you calling me just now?" Ye Tian was surprised.

"Yes, Master!" The Golden Silk Dragon Panther nodded.

Soon, Ye Tian understood what that strand of light was. It was the Light of the Soul. When a beast willingly submits, it offers its Light of the Soul for the human to control. If the human dies, the beast dies too. Conversely, if the beast dies, the human remains unaffected.

To save its life, the Golden Silk Dragon Panther willingly accepted Ye Tian as its master. It didn't feel humiliated; after all, it didn't have human concerns about face. Living was what mattered most.

Suddenly acquiring a beast pet left Ye Tian a bit dumbfounded, but it was undoubtedly a good thing for him at the moment. The Golden Silk Dragon Panther had top-tier bloodlines and talents, making it a high-quality beast.

Moreover, it was the leader of a beast pack. Having such a pack in the Xiao Qian Ye Forest would save him a lot of trouble.

"Do you have a name?" Ye Tian asked.

"Master, I don't have a name," the Golden Silk Dragon Panther shook its head.

"From now on, I'll call you Xiao Jin," Ye Tian decided after some thought.

Upon receiving a name, Xiao Jin seemed extremely happy, as if it had forgotten all about its injuries.

Ye Tian looked at the injured Xiao Jin and quickly fed it some healing elixir. Under the dual effects of the elixir and its initial healing talent, Xiao Jin's injuries healed rapidly.

An hour later, Xiao Jin had fully recovered. Returning to its pack, it ordered the Black Wolf Panthers not to attack Ye Tian.

At this point, Ye Tian truly had a pack of beasts under his command.

"By the way, Xiao Jin, do you know where we can find treasures?" Ye Tian asked with some anticipation.

The Xiao Qian Ye Forest was vast and contained countless resources, some of which were extremely useful for Martial Warriors, such as medicinal herbs and items that could enhance talents.

Usually, when he went hunting, Ye Tian would occasionally collect some herbs and sell them on the black market. But searching for treasures by himself was too inefficient, so he hadn't found many valuable items.

Xiao Jin had lived in the Xiao Qian Ye Forest and led a pack, so it undoubtedly knew a lot.

"Master, I do know of a treasure. The reason I'm different from the others in my pack is that I consumed that treasure," Xiao Jin honestly said.

Ye Tian was thrilled. From Xiao Jin's words, he guessed that the treasure must be something that could enhance talents. The value of such a treasure would be incredibly high!

"Xiao Jin, take me there!" Ye Tian commanded.

Without any hesitation, Xiao Jin immediately led Ye Tian to the location. This was the benefit of having a tamed beast. If Xiao Jin hadn't submitted, it would probably not be so loyal and might even betray him. But once a beast submits, it becomes loyal and considers its master's interests.

Xiao Jin didn't bring its pack along. According to Xiao Jin, only it knew about this place; even its pack was unaware. It didn't want to create another Golden Silk Dragon Panther like itself, as that would mean competition for the leadership position.

In a short while, Ye Tian followed Xiao Jin to a cave. After navigating through winding passages, they finally reached their destination. What appeared before Ye Tian was a small golden tree with a single fruit on it. The fruit was mostly golden but had a hint of green.

"Master, there were originally two fruits on this tree. I ate one, and this is the only one left. This fruit is not yet ripe; you can't eat it now," Xiao Jin warned.

Ye Tian nodded lightly, but his eyes never left the fruit. A voice in his heart told him he must consume that fruit.

"Could this fruit enhance my talents?" Ye Tian wondered.

He felt that his talents could be improved by continuously copying others' talents, so there was no need to rely on a treasure. That would be somewhat wasteful. But sensing the desire in his heart, he became indecisive.

"I'll eat it!" Ye Tian finally decided.

Even if it was wasteful, he wouldn't regret it. As his power continued to grow, wouldn't he be able to obtain even better treasures?

"Xiao Jin, how long do you think it will take for this fruit to ripen?" Ye Tian asked Xiao Jin, the expert on the matter.

"Master, it will take about twenty days and nights!" Xiao Jin calculated by scratching its claws back and forth.

"Twenty days, huh? Let's wait here then. It's a good opportunity to focus on cultivation," Ye Tian muttered to himself.

Over the next twenty days, Ye Tian diligently cultivated. With a large supply of beast blood, he didn't have to worry about the pace of his cultivation. Meanwhile, Xiao Jin, under Ye Tian's arrangement, continued to hunt beasts to provide him with more beast blood.

In this way, Ye Tian's cultivation progressed rapidly.

"I've reached a strength of 45,000 jin!" Ye Tian sensed his power and exclaimed excitedly.

Such rapid advancement in cultivation was mainly due to his consumption of countless amounts of beast blood. He had no idea how much he had used, but even a large clan wouldn't be able to afford such expenditure.

He glanced at the fruit on the golden tree; the last hint of green was about to turn gold.

It was almost ripe!

At this moment, the desire in Ye Tian's heart grew stronger and stronger.

Boom!!!

A surge of energy flooded into the golden fruit on the golden tree, aiding it in its final transformation.

Under the watchful eyes of Ye Tian and Xiao Jin, the golden fruit finally ripened.