Chapter 53: Descending Upon the Sun Family

TL: Etude

Sun Qinghe was dead, but the matter was far from over.

"The Sun family actually dared to attack me in broad daylight. It seems the Lin family's influence has almost completely vanished!" Ye Tian suddenly sighed.

The Lin family had once set rules that Martial Warriors in Linhai Base were not allowed to fight or kill anyone indiscriminately. But now, the Sun family had completely ignored the Lin family's rules.

"Fair enough. The Sun family is much stronger than the Lin family and has now established itself in Linhai Base. They naturally wouldn't take the Lin family seriously. Since the Sun family doesn't play by the rules, neither will I!"

Ye Tian gripped his mid-level yuan force blade, his body emanating killing intent.

With his current strength, what was the Sun family to him? Even if the two Grandmasters from the Tieya base took action, he wouldn't care.

As far as he knew, those two Grandmasters were not very strong, only in the early stages of the Grandmaster level. Whether they had special talents was unknown, but Martial Warriors with special talents were rare. If those two Grandmasters didn't have special talents, they probably couldn't even withstand a single slash from him.

He was virtually invincible in Linhai Base. What did he have to fear?

"Let's make a big scene then," Ye Tian muttered, looking into the distance.

...

Ten minutes later.

Sun family residence, front gate.

Ye Tian arrived here alone, his killing intent making the Sun family's guards break out in cold sweat.

"Stop, this is the Sun family. Leave immediately!" A guard managed to suppress his fear and shouted.

"The Sun family will cease to exist today!" Ye Tian's voice was filled with murderous intent, making the guards sense impending doom.

"Quick, call for backup!" A guard yelled.

But it was too late!

A flash of blade light filled their world!

When the blade light dissipated, several guards had fallen, and the Sun family's main gate had turned to dust.

The Sun family's residential area was not large, and the situation was immediately exposed.

The Sun family's guards rushed over. These guards were cultivated by the Sun family from a young age, each possessing the strength of a Martial Warrior. The guard captains were Elite Martial Warriors, and the entire guard force numbered around a hundred, forming a vital power for the Sun family.

Boom!

A hundred guards holding yuan force blades formed a 1324, their momentum even capable of slightly contending with a Great Martial Warrior.

However, a green blade light broke through, tearing the entire 1324 apart and nearly slicing the entire Sun family residential area in half.

Buildings shattered, and even the ground cracked open.

This was a Grandmaster-level strike!

Most of the Sun family's guards were killed or injured by Ye Tian's single strike, and the remaining guards lost their will to fight, retreating in fear.

At this moment, the Sun family's higher-ups also appeared, their faces changing dramatically as they looked at Ye Tian.

"Grandmaster-level attack!" Sun Kong, the great elder of the Sun family and a peak Great Martial Warrior, said anxiously.

An attack that could cause such massive destruction was undoubtedly a Grandmaster-level attack, and Ye Tian was clearly not a Grandmaster.

But even if he wasn't a Grandmaster, Ye Tian had achieved Grandmaster-level attack power.

The Sun family also had Grandmaster-level attack power; Sun Kong himself had it because he possessed a medium-level blade talent and had cultivated several bronze-level blade techniques to the peak, amplifying his attack power several times.

In terms of attack power, his was even stronger than a newly-promoted Grandmaster, but his actual strength was far inferior to a Grandmaster's.

That was because he couldn't hit a Grandmaster; Grandmasters were much faster than him.

There was a vast chasm between Great Martial Warriors and Grandmasters. Once one crossed that threshold, everything from defense to speed would undergo a drastic transformation. Facing a Grandmaster, Sun Kong could only withstand a few moves at best.

However, Sun Kong felt relieved that the person before him was not a Grandmaster.

"Having Grandmaster-level attack power at such a young age, this person is undoubtedly a true genius," Sun Kong thought.

At that moment, Sun Feng shouted, "It's Ye Tian!"

The whole scene was shocked.

The name Ye Tian was not unfamiliar to the Sun family. It was Ye Tian who had embarrassed them. Had it not been for the Sun family's need to consolidate their foundation in Linhai Base, they would have dealt with Ye Tian long ago.

But to their surprise, Ye Tian's strength had reached such an extent.

"Ye Tian, the weapon in your hand belonged to my father. Where is my father?" Sun Feng stared at the mid-level yuan force blade in Ye Tian's hand and asked anxiously.

"Sun Qinghe? Naturally, he's dead," Ye Tian said with a faint smile.

"Young man, did you come here today to annihilate the Sun family?" Sun Kong stepped forward, facing Ye Tian directly.

"What do you think? From the moment your Sun family sent someone to kill me, it was destined that we would be at odds until one of us died," Ye Tian coldly replied.

"Ah, if we had known you were this strong, we wouldn't have acted against you. How about we let bygones be bygones?" Sun Kong tried to negotiate.

"Great Elder, he killed my father! Kill him now!" Sun Feng screamed hysterically.

"Shut up!" Sun Kong yelled at Sun Feng. "If it weren't for the trouble you caused, would the Sun family be in this situation?"

In reality, Sun Kong didn't truly want to reconcile; he just didn't want to fight Ye Tian here. A Martial Warrior with Grandmaster-level attack power was not easy to deal with, and the destructive power of such a battle could easily affect others. If they fought Ye Tian here and managed to kill him, the Sun family would also be severely damaged.

His plan was to try to reconcile, and then ambush Ye Tian after he left.

Unfortunately, his plan was doomed to fail.

"Reconcile? Sorry, I don't agree. I'll give you a chance; everyone, come at me!" Ye Tian was somewhat excited; he wanted to test just how strong he really was.

Until now, he had only estimated his strength, and Sun Qinghe had been too weak to give him any sense of challenge. He wanted to know if the Sun family's experts could arouse his fighting spirit, so he had wasted time talking, waiting for the Sun family's experts to gather.

During the brief conversation, almost all of the Sun family's experts had arrived.

"All those below Great Martial Warrior, leave!" Sun Kong shouted.

Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh!

Two peak Great Martial Warriors and seven normal Great Martial Warriors, a total of nine, surrounded Ye Tian.

The battle was about to erupt!

With a single glance, Ye Tian saw through their talent situation. The highest talent among them was just high-level cultivation talent, which was within his expectations. If there had been top-level cultivation talent, the Sun family would have produced a Grandmaster long ago.

Apart from cultivation talent, among the nine Great Martial Warriors, five had blade talent. Among them, the two peak Great Martial Warriors had medium-level blade talent.

"The enemy is not weak; let's attack together and kill him!" Sun Kong quickly said.