Chapter 98: Dawn-Level Bloodline Talent!

TL: Etude

"I've reached the peak of a Great Martial Warrior now, so I can't test how much faster the Morning Star-level cultivation talent enhances my cultivation speed compared to the extraordinary levels. I'll have to wait until I break through to the Grandmaster realm," Ye Tian suppressed his excitement over the Morning Star-level cultivation talent and immediately began studying the Beast Control talent.

Through the Beast Control talent, Ye Tian astonishingly discovered that he could sever the master-subordinate relationship with Xiao Jin and Xiao Zi at any time. This was because the Beast Control talent allowed him to extract and separate the Light of the Soul.

Ye Tian tested it on Xiao Zi and found that establishing the master-subordinate relationship was as easy as before. However, when he tried to forcibly make Xiao Jin his subordinate, he failed. Left with no other option, he allowed Xiao Jin to voluntarily become his subordinate.

After multiple tests, Ye Tian reached a conclusion— "The Beast Control talent must be related to the soul. I'm only at the peak of the Great Martial Warrior level, while Xiao Jin has already reached the top tier of beasts. In terms of realm and soul strength, Xiao Jin is superior to me, so I can't forcibly make him my subordinate," Ye Tian concluded insightfully.

Overall, the advanced Beast Control talent was still quite powerful. As long as the War Blood Sky Dragon's realm wasn't higher than his, he could forcibly establish the master-subordinate relationship.

Ye Tian then took out the War Blood Sky Dragon egg again and noticed that the vitality within the egg had grown even stronger, as if it were about to burst forth.

"It's close now. In less than ten days, it should hatch," Ye Tian speculated.

Ten days wasn't long; he could wait. So, for the next ten days, Ye Tian focused solely on comprehending the Sword Intent and temporarily set aside other cultivation practices.

In a blink, ten days passed.

That day, Ye Tian felt the space around him quivering and immediately understood that the War Blood Sky Dragon was about to be born. He took out the War Blood Sky Dragon egg and activated the villa's soundproofing and aura-concealing arrays.

Beside him, Xiao Jin stared wide-eyed at the War Blood Sky Dragon egg. It was familiar with this egg since its master often took it out to observe. Previously, it hadn't thought much of this egg, but now the pressure emanating from it made Xiao Jin feel very uneasy.

Soon, the pressure grew stronger.

This was not the suppression of strength but that of bloodline.

Beasts value their bloodlines and grow entirely through them. Xiao Jin, for instance, had top-level bloodline talents, allowing it to grow into a top-tier beast even without consuming treasures or the flesh of other beasts.

That was the advantage of having top-level bloodline talents!

But now, even with its top-level bloodline talents, it felt suppressed!

"Could the egg Master brought back be that of some royal beast?" Xiao Jin thought, stunned.

For some reason, it felt that once this egg hatched, it would lose its favored status.

"It must be an illusion," Xiao Jin comforted itself internally.

However, it was not mistaken at all. It was indeed about to lose its favored status because Ye Tian was planning to make it the pet of Ye Yu. One could have a limited number of beast companions due to the limitations of soul endurance. To control the War Blood Sky Dragon, Ye Tian had already severed the master-subordinate relationship with Xiao Zi and made Xiao Zi subordinate to Ye Yu.