Chapter 72: Success in Killing and Gaining Treasures!

TL: Etude

"Roar!"

The Moon-Stealth Wolf roared at Ye Tian, as if saying, "Humans, leave!"

The reason the Moon-Stealth Wolf did not immediately attack Ye Tian was that it sensed a faint threat; it found Ye Tian to be very dangerous. If Ye Tian would voluntarily leave, the wolf saw no need for a violent confrontation.

Whoosh!

Ye Tian made his move, faster than lightning.

This move startled the Moon-Stealth Wolf. Without relying on teleportation, its speed was far inferior to Ye Tian's.

Teleport!

The Moon-Stealth Wolf disappeared in an instant. It didn't achieve this through sheer speed but by warping space, teleporting to another location. This kind of teleportation could bypass any obstacles, making it far superior to mere speed.

A missed strike—Ye Tian's blade hit the stone wall.

"Teleportation is frightening. I didn't notice the Moon-Stealth Wolf's movement at all!" Ye Tian was amazed.

But after this probing move, Ye Tian had gathered some information. The Moon-Stealth Wolf was not strong, its attack power only equivalent to the strength of two elephants, similar to that of an ultimate Great Martial Warrior, making it the weakest among the high-level ferocious beasts.

However, the Moon-Stealth Wolf's spatial ability was extremely abnormal; it kept teleporting, making it impossible to hit.

How could he kill the wolf if he couldn't hit it?

Swoosh, swoosh, swoosh!!

Ye Tian and the Moon-Stealth Wolf constantly chased each other. They moved so fast that even Yue Ling could not see either of them.

"This is insane. This black wolf can teleport, and that's fine, but Ye Tian doesn't even have spatial talents, and his speed has also reached this level. What level is his speed talent? Is it a high-level speed talent?" Yue Ling marveled.

However, she couldn't even catch sight of Ye Tian, so naturally, she couldn't gauge his speed. All she knew was that he was much faster than her!

Immediately, she focused on setting up the array.

Setting up the array was simple: fix the array plate and activate it with Yuan energy. Then let the plate slowly absorb the natural Yuan energy. Once the energy was accumulated to a certain level, release the array's power all at once.

This process took 3 seconds!

"Almost there!"

Yue Ling observed the light on the array plate and silently counted.

About a minute passed, and the array plate shone brightly.

"Ye Tian, it's ready!" Yue Ling whispered.

Although her voice was low, Ye Tian heard it. He knew the spatial inhibition array plate was successfully set up and ready to affect the wolf's teleportation.

"Yue Ling, activate it!" Ye Tian yelled.

Hearing Ye Tian's command, Yue Ling immediately activated the spatial inhibition array plate without hesitation.

In an instant, a wave of spatial energy spread out.

Although Yue Ling couldn't sense spatial energy, she felt a suppressing force, as if space was being restricted.

At that moment, the continuously teleporting Moon-Stealth Wolf was suddenly slowed down; teleporting became noticeably more difficult.

"Now's the chance!"

Ye Tian seized the opportunity, not wasting a single moment.

"28 times the speed of sound!"

"10 times power!"

"Shadow Kill!"

The knife technique Ye Tian used was "Shadow Kill," not "Green Wind Slash (Qingfeng Slash)." The Green Wind Slash could stack up to six times the attack power, which was indeed fearsome. However, Ye Tian didn't need such strong attacks; the attack power under "Shadow Strike" was nearly equivalent to the strength of three elephants.

The power of three elephants was sufficient to deliver a fatal blow to the Moon-Shadow Wolf. But the primary reason Ye Tian used the Shadow Strike was the speed of his blade! The twenty-five-fold boost to his blade speed allowed Ye Tian's attacks to accelerate to fifty times their normal rate. Even a powerful Grandmaster might not be able to react in time, let alone the teleporting Moon-Shadow Wolf, which was affected by the array.

At that moment, what Ye Tian sought was speed.

Yue Ling said the array would affect the Moon-Shadow Wolf for three seconds, but Ye Tian didn't believe her timing. He trusted only his blade.

Sensing imminent danger, the Moon-Shadow Wolf unleashed its other innate talent—enlargement. In an instant, the wolf grew larger, its power and other attributes skyrocketing.

Crack!

With its enhanced capabilities, the Moon-Shadow Wolf almost broke free from the array's restraints, on the verge of teleporting away.

Just then, the Shadow Strike arrived.

Thwack!

The blade sliced through the wolf's neck, nearly severing it.

The next moment, the teleporting Moon-Shadow Wolf reappeared fifty meters away, collapsing weakly to the ground, its life force waning.

"What? It wasn't affected for even a second?" Yue Ling was shocked.

She had initially thought the array would last for three seconds, but in less than a second, the Moon-Shadow Wolf's spatial abilities shattered the array, breaking it into countless pieces.

However, when she saw the lifeless Moon-Shadow Wolf, she sighed in relief.

"Ye Tian, I thought we were about to fail!" Yue Ling approached, saying.

Ye Tian also exhaled deeply, realizing that had he used the Qingfeng Slash earlier, the wolf might have successfully teleported away. Thankfully, he had considered all possibilities, including the wolf's enlargement talent.

Even after enlarging, the wolf's power had exceeded that of the three-elephant force, stronger than the Shadow Strike. But what did it matter? Under absolute speed, the wolf's neck couldn't withstand Ye Tian's blade and was cleanly severed.

Seeing that the Moon-Shadow Wolf had truly lost its life and died, Ye Tian said, "Yue Ling, I'm interested in the corpse of this black wolf. I plan to take it with me; you don't mind, do you?"

Yue Ling waved her hand, "Of course not; you killed it, so it naturally belongs to you."

To her, the body of a high-grade fierce beast was not worth much, especially compared to a Heavenly Soul Flower.

"Let's go check out the Heavenly Soul Flowers," Yue Ling said impatiently.

Ye Tian nodded, and they walked toward the location where the Heavenly Soul Flowers grew.

"There!" Yue Ling looked at the stone wall where the Heavenly Soul Flowers were growing and exclaimed.

Eight stunning Heavenly Soul Flowers emitted a faint white glow, looking extraordinary. These Heavenly Soul Flowers were already mature, but the longer they aged, the more effective they became.

"Indeed, these are Heavenly Soul Flowers. I've seen them in my family's treasure vault before, but I wasn't qualified to use them," Yue Ling confirmed.

She took out eight jade boxes and carefully plucked the Heavenly Soul Flowers one by one, placing them into the jade boxes to preserve their medicinal properties.

"Yue Ling, there seems to be a small passage over there. I'll go take a look," Ye Tian pointed to a small passage that was about human height in the distance.