Chapter 103: Array Master Examination!

Začít od začátku

If it weren't for the fact that fighting was prohibited in the large base in Demon Sea Base, these individuals would likely have turned into corpses upon encountering other Grandmasters.

"Grandmaster, this old man has taken part in many examinations and has never seen you before. Is this your first time participating in an examination?"

The sole old examinee walked over and respectfully asked.

"Yes, it is indeed my first time participating in an examination,"

Ye Tian nodded.

Immediately afterward, he scrutinized the old man. According to what he saw from his Talent Copying ability, the old man was named Li Zhong and had a weak Array Master talent. With such a meager talent, he probably didn't even have a chance of becoming an Array Master, did he?

However, it was not entirely accurate to say so. The profession of Array Master was somewhat unique. As long as one had some level of Array Master talent and took some special measures, there was a slim chance of advancing to junior Array Master. However, the difficulty was tremendous, and the success rate was less than one percent.

Li Zhong was already so old, yet he was still participating in the Array Master Examination. Clearly, he had indomitable willpower.

"Master, are you familiar with the examination?" Li Zhong asked Ye Tian.

"I'm not," Ye Tian shook his head.

Li Zhong elaborated, "Let me explain it to you, Master. The examination for an Array Master is divided into three stages. The first stage involves engraving array patterns; you need to engrave at least 20 to pass. Anyone who comes for the examination can get through this part. The second stage is to set up a simple array. This is where it becomes difficult, as the complexity of engraving an array pattern and setting up an array are entirely different. Most people fail at this second stage. As for the third stage, it is neither easy nor difficult. It involves identifying loopholes in an array. The more you find, the higher your score. You need to find at least one to pass. I myself have failed the third stage a hundred times!"

"Failed a hundred times?" Ye Tian was shocked. Was the third stage really that hard? Given Li Zhong's modest talent, he was still able to engrave 20 array patterns and set up a simple array. The effort that must have taken was not something just anyone could achieve. Yet, this determined Li Zhong had failed the third stage a hundred times.

Although Li Zhong hadn't succeeded in the exam, he was still an incredibly capable apprentice Array Master. He could set up the most basic arrays and make money from it, just without the prestige of being a junior Array Master.

Soon after, a man in his thirties who was a mid-level Array Master arrived.

"I'm Chen Yao, a mid-level Array Master from the Array Masters Association. I am here to oversee your examination today. The first stage of the examination begins now. Distribute the engraving pens, monster blood, and yuan force papers to them," said Chen Yao.

Members of the Array Masters Association handed out the engraving pens, monster blood, and yuan force papers. The examination had begun!

Shush, shush, shush!

Ye Tian picked up the engraving pen and effortlessly etched 20 characters, then stopped.

"Array Master talent," Ye Tian silently activated his own Array Master talent. He looked at the yuan force papers that he had worked on and saw the array patterns emitting light, leaving the paper and vividly appearing one by one. Each pattern's meaning was very clear.

This confirmed that these array patterns were engraved accurately and were qualified. If they were not, then activating his Array Master talent would not result in any change or it might show flaws.

Soon, the other participants also finished their engravings.

Examiner Chen Yao glanced around and nodded, "Good, everyone passed. Now, onto the second stage. Bring the array design charts!"

A girl brought over ten design charts and handed them to Chen Yao.

"This is a basic soundproofing array that only involves the basic 20 array patterns. Each of you take one and review it. Remember, you cannot use this design for profit, or you know what will happen— the Array Masters Association will never employ you," Chen Yao sternly warned.

Soon, the design charts were distributed to the participants. Ye Tian carefully started to read the soundproofing array design.

"Huh, so it's like this," Ye Tian was surprised.

The design was similar to building a house. The array patterns laid the foundation, creating a three-dimensional space, forming a perfect looping array space. This array space, when infused with yuan force power, became an array.

This soundproofing array was not complicated; Ye Tian understood it at a glance.

Just then, a young man suddenly spoke up, "Master, how about we compete to see who can set up this soundproofing array first?"

Ye Tian looked over and realized that the person provoking him was one of the individuals he had intimidated earlier.

"Sure, how about we raise the stakes?"

Ye Tian grinned mischievously.